Sponsored

Anything not obvious I'm missing for audio install?

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Things I have:
  • Stinger subwoofer enclosure
  • AudioControl LC5.1300 with harness from plugnplay
  • 2 pairs of Kicker 47KS
  • AMP wiring kit with power cables
Is there anything else I'm gonna need? Maybe some tools to take out the plastic panels?
Sponsored

OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes - those dash speaker grilles are very soft plastic, and their tabs are easily broken.

Ford Bronco Anything not obvious I'm missing for audio install? 1667875586177
Got an amazon link for that? Not sure what to type for it to show up

TXBronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 / 4D ‘23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Things I have:
  • 2 pairs of Kicker 47KS
Is there anything else I'm gonna need? Maybe some tools to take out the plastic panels?
i would look up a video of removing the front speaker grills. They have a plastic lip opposite side from the front windshield that will break. You want to pry around the sides and the windshield side, then pull the grill toward the windshield.

As far as what you’re missing….many people are installing 300 Hz bass blockers on the dash speakers. I installed the same speakers as you and left them off to see if I liked it. I ended up going back and installing them.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i would look up a video of removing the front speaker grills. They have a plastic lip opposite side from the front windshield that will break. You want to pry around the sides and the windshield side, then pull the grill toward the windshield.

As far as what you’re missing….many people are installing 300 Hz bass blockers on the dash speakers. I installed the same speakers as you and left them off to see if I liked it. I ended up going back and installing them.
I agree on checking out videos on the dash speaker grille removal. I was watching a random audio upgrade video and if you go into it blind you could break the grilles. Ford made it way harder than it needs to be.

OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

What was the difference between bass blockers and no bass blickers? Also, link to the ones you bought?

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely want bass blockers. Also, MTI acoustics makes a nice bronco-specific amp mount for the passenger rear above the wheel well, makes mounting a breeze

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Things I have:
  • 2 pairs of Kicker 47KS
You are gonna need a fuse for the + cable that connects to the battery and some high quality 12AWG speaker cable from the amp to the sub. To help run the power wire from the amp you may need a wire hanger or some fish tape to snake through the trim panels. Lastly, get yourself some zip ties & some cloth tape to make sure all the wires are neatly managed and protected from any chafing. Good luck!

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree on checking out videos on the dash speaker grille removal. I was watching a random audio upgrade video and if you go into it blind you could break the grilles. Ford made it way harder than it needs to be.
It's really, really easy, actually, you just need to pry with the right tool at the right place.

I uploaded this video to Youtube last week:

JR

Sponsored
OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are gonna need a fuse for the + cable that connects to the battery and some high quality 12AWG speaker cable from the amp to the sub. To help run the power wire from the amp you may need a wire hanger or some fish tape to snake through the trim panels. Lastly, get yourself some zip ties & some cloth tape to make sure all the wires are neatly managed and protected from any chafing. Good luck!
I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019Z3RCG2?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_K4V9XMGHR95VB6VSVCPH&th=1 would that include all you mentioned for the amp and sub?

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The signal to the rear speakers and dash speakers is already cutoff at a higher frequency so bass blockers are not necessary. Only the kick panels get full signal.

If you plan on sending full signal from the amp, then yes you should get some sort of crossover.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The signal to the rear speakers and dash speakers is already cutoff at a higher frequency so bass blockers are not necessary. Only the kick panels get full signal.

If you plan on sending full signal from the amp, then yes you should get some sort of crossover.
That's not true for the dash. The dash speakers go through the kick panel speakers and have a capacitor built into the speaker. You do need them up front.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not true for the dash. The dash speakers go through the kick panel speakers and have a capacitor built into the speaker. You do need them up front.
You're right, I forgot about that.
Sponsored