Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Beautiful job, and the look is killer. Makes me kinda wish I would have stayed with my original order!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey Bronco Fans and Friends- Here is what we have been working on to bring to the Bronco Community...

ford-bronco-2022-07-22_09-33-44_695520-960x640-jpg.jpg

ltimate-ford-bronco-2022-07-22_09-34-10_579664-jpg.jpg

ltimate-ford-bronco-2022-07-22_09-34-07_823171-jpg.jpg

ltimate-ford-bronco-2022-07-22_09-34-01_603433-jpg.jpg

The Bronco ProRunner Conversion Suspension
  • Long travel Suspension Kit #1: 14.5-inches of wheel travel fitted with 40-inch tires
  • Long travel Suspension Kit #2: 16-inches of wheel travel fitted with 37-inch tires
  • King Race Series coilovers
  • Includes 3.5-inch wider billet upper and boxed lower control arms
  • Wider heavy-duty steering tie rods
  • Raised and reinforced front shock towers with air bump supports

The Bronco ProRunner Conversion Composite Body
  • Hand-laid and vacuum-infused carbon-fiber front and rear fenders
  • An exposed carbon-fender flare edge
  • Three width options are available in ¾-inch, 3-inch, and 5-inch widths
  • A carbon-fiber hood insert with LED marker lights
  • OEM-level fit and finish with improved durability

What Else Is APG Doing To Upgrade The Ultimate Bronco?
  • A full-length one-piece hardtop
  • OEM-level fit and finish with improved durability
  • Additional performance upgrades include a 7-inch wider Ultimate Dana 60TM rear axle
  • Ultimate Dana 44TM front-drive unit
  • 300M HD RCV axles. The Bronco ProRunner package also includes
  • Accessory mounts
  • A full-length one-piece hardtop
Looks nice, one question, why carbon fiber instead of fiberglass?

I can see the strength of carbon fiber helping in serious high speed desert running but what about lower cost fiberglass for the 90% that don't do that? It seems it would be fine and give you a broader market.

Sponsored
OP
OP
APG

APG

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I can see the strength of carbon fiber helping in serious high speed desert running but what about lower cost fiberglass for the 90% that don't do that? It seems it would be fine and give you a broader market.
fine is not what we do, we do great. (sorry for being so corky) We choose to make our parts following a higher standard of manufacturing. Its not just carbon vs fiberglass. Its material thickness consistency, temperature resistance, and strength. We choose to make a part that requires a fraction of the body work and will last the life of the vehicle. We invite you anytime to the facility to see our process. Please follow us on IG for a demonstration we are doing in a few days about this.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fiberglass is so antique....and heavy! I won't ever put fiberglass junk on my steed! Carbon fiber is far superior. Although I think a new hybrid weave of Carbon fiber and Kevlar is even better.

OP
OP
APG

APG

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fiberglass is so antique....and heavy! I won't ever put fiberglass junk on my steed! Carbon fiber is far superior. Although I think a new hybrid weave of Carbon fiber and Kevlar is even better.
Oh yea Kevlar is a fun reinforcement fabric, over the top for an automotive application, its typically used for aesthetics (cool looking). Carbon has plenty of tensile strength for this application. Some glass fiber laminates are strong as well, but we would need to use more of it to get the strength we want (thickening the part) and we would still make the parts by dry laminating pre templated plys then vacuum infusion, which would not save manufacturing costs. Moral of this answer is its not just material, its the process, resin, and cure temperature.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh yea Kevlar is a fun reinforcement fabric, over the top for an automotive application, its typically used for aesthetics (cool looking). Carbon has plenty of tensile strength for this application. Some glass fiber laminates are strong as well, but we would need to use more of it to get the strength we want (thickening the part) and we would still make the parts by dry laminating pre templated plys then vacuum infusion, which would not save manufacturing costs. Moral of this answer is its not just material, its the process, resin, and cure temperature.
This seems like a dead thread but I would love to know the price of just the flairs if possible.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are a lot. But get what you pay for.
It was answered on their instagram a while back. Several thousand if not more.

Reactions: APG

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Love it.
Glad to see how quickly you brought a hardcore suspension system to market. That is a lot of work.
I live in Southern California and will be checking you guys out for future upgrades.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are your guys Oem carbon flares pre preg or rtm process? Cost is definitely high if it is just rtm. Any shots of the flares and the back side where they attach to the fenders?

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are a lot. But get what you pay for.
It was answered on their instagram a while back. Several thousand if not more.
I understand that but I jsut dont get all of the secretive pricing stuff. If anything it turns me off of the product

OP
OP
APG

APG

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are your guys Oem carbon flares pre preg or rtm process? Cost is definitely high if it is just rtm. Any shots of the flares and the back side where they attach to the fenders?
We use OOAC pre preg for the small trims but infuse the larger parts. RTM is great for basic shapes but the intricacies of these body panels makes the closed mould process a Challenge.

Should be several images floating online by now. Reach out directly If there are certain angles you want to see.
Sponsored