First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want a hood with a area removed for a innercooler, then the air can pass through the hood opening and then innercooler and then out the back. this would give room for a trick hidden winch mount as well as keep the innercooler up out of the mud.

additionally the intake turbo hoses will be shorter and likely absorb less heat as well, this means less turbo lag and more power....

then we get offered this useless junk instead.
Shots Fired

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shots Fired
Kick it around, the "other folks" innercooler re mount kits are NOT cheap and offer very few advantages vs trade offs....A high mount innercooler is on my to do list....and I'm NOT blocking the radiator with it either.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kick it around, the "other folks" innercooler re mount kits are NOT cheap and offer very few advantages vs trade offs....A high mount innercooler is on my to do list....and I'm NOT blocking the radiator with it either.
What about an air/water intercooler, that way you could mount the intercooler where it's easiest/most direct to route the intake, and the radiator could be mounted wherever there's room for it, like a remote trans cooler. It would require a fan and a water pump, and air/water systems have their own drawbacks on a trail rig, but you wouldn't need a new hood at least.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be extra fair, it doesn't have to be hooked up to the intake to be considered ram air, it can be ramming air into the washer fluid reservoir and still technically be considered a ram air hood. I would probably duct it straight to my seat cushion because Ford was adamant that I didn't need seat fans.
😂👍🏼
Sponsored