stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always liked a hood scoop on a vehicle. The Bronco is a great platform for that hood modification.

Anyone have experience with Advanced Fiberglass Concepts parts ?? Quality, fitment, and just as important......durability ?
Sponsored

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Check the market place. A member in CA (I think) had one up for sale not to long ago.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a hardtop on order from ADV, but it hasn't arrived yet. I've heard very positive reviews on them when it comes to their fit, finish, and quality though. Lots of folks here are running their fenders.

I believe @Ground_zero298 has this hood though?

OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, it’s from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts correct ?

I just dig the look of the hood scoop profile.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had the heat extractor hood for about 18months now. No issues and quality is outstanding.

I have the heat extractor hood and can attest to it being top quality. As far as weight, the stock aluminum hood clocked in around 25lbs with sound deadening. I haven't weighed the ADV hood but I would expect the fiberglass to be a few pounds lighter.

1657810423643.png

1657810435683.png

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With the RAM air version I'm a little worried about the engine getting inundated with water while driving in the rain. Are we sure this isn't a problem?

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got the 5in fenders and hood. It didn’t fit evenly and had to use filler. Some air bubbles and required a lot of work and a paint job. Going to be expensive but they look great!

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the RAM air version I'm a little worried about the engine getting inundated with water while driving in the rain. Are we sure this isn't a problem?
I'd like to know the answer to this too.. Just had a local garage work on a custom vented heat extraction style hood in carbon fiber.

This is the first version, came out quite nicely.

Currently, I am using some masking tape to just plug the vents while washing the car, but I think getting some 3d printed plastic plugs with a magnet on the back to stick on the grills is a potential solution. Not much rain in my city so weather is not an issue.
Ford Bronco Thinking about a Ram Air hood modification WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.00.29 PM

Ford Bronco Thinking about a Ram Air hood modification WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.29.49 PM

Ford Bronco Thinking about a Ram Air hood modification WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.29.50 PM

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have my eyes on this one at the moment. It’s way cheaper than the ADV one and it comes painted. I’m thinking this one will be less of an issue with rain. With the RAM hood basically being open to the engine compartment rain or water will definitely get in there and soak the engine. I’m thinking with this one maybe not?

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the ADV hood, and the fit and finish are very good. I live in S. FL where it will rain at the drop of the hat and I have had zero issues. I used MRT hood struts and those work very well with the hood.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dont most of these hoods have rain vents or something?

I wanna do the heat extractor, how would it be in the snow and winter, the exposed parts that is?
I'd like to know the answer to this too.. Just had a local garage work on a custom vented heat extraction style hood in carbon fiber.

This is the first version, came out quite nicely.

Currently, I am using some masking tape to just plug the vents while washing the car, but I think getting some 3d printed plastic plugs with a magnet on the back to stick on the grills is a potential solution. Not much rain in my city so weather is not an issue.
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.00.29 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.29.49 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.29.50 PM.jpeg
Gotta link for that? I really like it

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have my eyes on this one at the moment. It’s way cheaper than the ADV one and it comes painted. I’m thinking this one will be less of an issue with rain. With the RAM hood basically being open to the engine compartment rain or water will definitely get in there and soak the engine. I’m thinking with this one maybe not?
You’re overthinking it. You don’t think your engine gets wet from rain or water on the roads or puddles? Sure, a little water will get in, I have ADV’s Heat Extractor Hood, never had issues. First thing I do after an off road run is pressure wash “low” the entire engine to get the mud, dirt, and dust off it.