john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I am sure a lot of you get this as well. But I am always getting someone driving down the freeway and pull up next to my bronco and give me the famous smile and thumbs up 👍. It can be awkward. And I am not sure how to communicate thank you to them. The thumbs up back just doesn’t seem right. Like I am saying yep my bronco is cool. 😂😂
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if they're giving you the thumbs up, I believe they're saying I dig your Bronco. You are obligated...... BY LAW !! to respond in kind !!

Next question.

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my way home from picking ours up weekend before last a BRaptor passed me and I gave him a thumbs up and he did the same back.

I’m just glad I don’t feel obligated to wave at a dozen Jeeps every 5 miles lol. I’ve had a few Jeeps give me the jeep wave though. I wonder if it was by accident lol. Seeing a lot more Broncos, we won’t feel special for long lol. There were 4+ Broncos in the restaurant parking lot yesterday.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Shelby GT500, and people would speed up get on the side of me to give a thumbs up. I would just smile and give a half A-- wave. After awhile I stopped looking at people next to me because well just because. I have not had anybody do that to me in my Bronco but I don't look anymore at the person next to me. Give a smile and a wave and be done with it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well if they're gicj g you the thumbs up I believe they're saying I dig your Bronco. You are obligated...... BY LAW !! to respond in kind !!

Next question.
I know I am supposed to respond kind. And I always do. I was just trying to find out what other things are kind other then a 👍 back to them. When someone says your bronco is cool in person it is easy to respond back with a thank you. But when you are driving, I and not sure what says “thank you “ the best.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Shelby GT500, and people would speed up get on the side of me to give a thumbs up. I would just smile and give a half A-- wave. After awhile I stopped looking at people next to me because well just because. I have not had anybody do that to me in my Bronco but I don't look anymore at the person next to me. Give a smile and a wave and be done with it.
Yep my '65 Mustang gets smiles, and waves all the time. It's just a part of owning those great old cars.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I am supposed to respond kind. And I always do. I was just trying to find out what other things are kind other then a 👍 back to them. When someone says your bronco is cool in person it is easy to respond back with a thank you. But when you are driving, I and not sure what says “thank you “ the best.

I think a thumbs up or a wave both work... don't blow a kiss, that never works.. don't ask how I know.

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could put a sign taped to your window. "Thanks. And I approved this purchase."

Sponsored

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4 door, 2.7 litre, cactus grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just give them the A-OK hand sign. 👌 No! Wait! That's the "white power" hand sign. Wait! Is your Bronco white? Crap. I'm overthinking this (and so are you... just wave and smile. Wait! Don't smile! Nod. Wave. Single nod. Wait! Don't wave. Single nod, preferably while wearing dark sunglasses. Yeah. That's the ticket.)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a friendly smile and a show of the palm of my hand is all I do, as my hand is usually resting at the top of the steering wheel.

I don't wave or give them a thumbs up or anything.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I use this to acknowledge the approval and signal my appreciation.
Ford Bronco Appropriate response to the thumbs up 👍 1708439920087

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the appropriate thing to do is give them a couple ups and downs from your Bronco East LA Low rider kit from JC Whitney !!

wrickem

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F350, '21 G22, '19 911, '17 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Downward head nod is all they'll get from me (upwards is for people I know) :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored