Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Truly unfortunate, albeit not surprising, response with your update.

it resonants over and over as to how Ford was portrayed in ‘Ford v Ferrari’. If only we could get someone into the GT40 and scare the bejesus out of them and then explain to them that the silos and layers of chaff that is interfering with real response, understanding, and change of a broken culture.
Cat, chin up and take solace in the forever grateful family we have here and the appreciation of so many of us who appreciate your efforts to make Bronco better.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With 200000 reservations on the new Ford 150 lightning do you think Ford is setting itself up for another fiasco?
As one of those 100,000, absolutely it will be a shit show on repeat.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, @Cat, for trying to establish more effective communications.

Too bad Ford isn't interested.

As someone else with a couple decades of experience engineering at big firms, it baffles me why Ford isn't being more transparent with their enthusiast customers. I guess being a century-plus-old firm with strictly defined labor, regulatory, and sales practices, they are somewhat stuck in their ways.

They want the dealers to be the touchpoint for customers. And most dealers don't want to hear anything from a customer unless it's time to sign on the line which is dotted.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are consistent with their tone deaf responses... But at least they are predictable.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Excellent write up. Appreciate you taking the time to pen this and send it off to Ford. You realize of course they will now be offering you a job. :geek:
Well, it was all going swimmingly until Cat actually stated that she wanted an actual resolution to the problem... At that point, they firmly slammed the door in her face.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sounds like most of the shit is because Ford has dumbshit people working for them and blind people putting seats in.Kind of makes me not just Ford .

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you- You are making a difference! I’m hoping I have better luck with my Black Diamond arriving next week. Had a ton (15ish) of annoying non mechanical issues with my 2020 Explorer ST. These photos show the visible issues— the horribly misaligned Explorer emblem and a huge gap that grew larger between hood and grille/headlight that actually required them to disassemble the front end of the body and reinstall the radiator support. (Stormy day purchase and I didn’t catch the defects)
43170554-BA00-4CDC-9361-D0587ACA0C5C.jpeg
2E6D3880-8B7C-4F05-9F47-4B35ED9D57F0.jpeg
Man, I'm sorry about the laughing reaction. I don't like to make fun of others misfortune. But damn, that is jacked up. I'm laughing not at you but rather the "Quality" that Ford tried to pass along. You did say it was a stormy day purchase. But you didn't say you are a one-eyed sailor shopping for a boat in hurricane. Damn, I still can't get past that jacked up badging.

Last edited:

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's kind of shocking that Ford has no quality control but here we are. As has been said it's kind of amazing that these cars start, steer, and run without going up in flames. How exactly could nobody catch the Explorer emblem put on like that? I believe humans are responsible for putting them on so the person that did that probably laughed as that was their IDGAF gift to an unfortunate owner

Reactions: Cat

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, @Cat, for trying to establish more effective communications.

Too bad Ford isn't interested.

As someone else with a couple decades of experience engineering at big firms, it baffles me why Ford isn't being more transparent with their enthusiast customers. I guess being a century-plus-old firm with strictly defined labor, regulatory, and sales practices, they are somewhat stuck in their ways.

They want the dealers to be the touchpoint for customers. And most dealers don't want to hear anything from a customer unless it's time to sign on the line which is dotted.
No offense meant to Cat by any means, but did you really expect a major automotive company to be interested in a customer's comments (regardless of her professional qualifications and good intentions) on manufacturing quality at MAP? I know my (recently former) company where I worked on major engineering programs would not be interested in an unknown third-party offering comment and help on one of our projects.

I get it B6G is an open public social media platform and drama abounds. But in the real world of real business, the fifth-largest automotive Corportation that has over 100 years of experience in automotive engineering and manufacturing, which has thousands of qualified staff to resolve a few minor quality issues, will look in-house to correct the few noted issues with the Bronco at its initial manufacturing start up. This would be true in any business; none would just accept a "walk-in" to help with issues it knows it can solve.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mismatched wheels spotted on my
commute….

6DEF8BD6-727D-44D7-B8EB-946C246EA38E.jpeg
This is what I mean about drama. So you see two Broncos on a private auto carrier, which indicates that these two units are in local transport from one dealership to another. From the pic, you have no idea why the spare looks different than the other wheels. It could be simply the bead lock ring is missing, or there was an issue with one of the tires and the spare tire was changed out temporarily.

But you assume it is a MAP manufacturing QC issue.

Badlands2015

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what I mean about drama. So you see two Broncos on a private auto carrier, which indicates that these two units are in local transport from one dealership to another. From the pic, you have no idea why the spare looks different than the other wheels. It could be simply the bead lock ring is missing, or there was an issue with one of the tires and the spare tire was changed out temporarily.

Well, what I actually see is a Bronco with 4 Sasquatch wheels and one Wildtrak wheel on the back spare. The bronco logo is also blacked out which indicates that it is a Wildtrak Bronco with the wrong wheels. I observed this while driving by.

No drama to my post at all, just a simple observation. If you don’t like the forum or it’s content you are free to leave it after all.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As someone who took delivery of a First Edition last week I'll tell you about drama. So step off that high horse and come down and try and find the piece of metal that is rolling around in my roll bar over the back seat. What about the unfinished edges of my MIC 2 hard top? So as someone who's been here for less than six months maybe you should.......... well I'll be polite.

Reactions: Cat

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But in the real world of real business, the fifth-largest automotive Corportation that has over 100 years of experience in automotive engineering and manufacturing, which has thousands of qualified staff to resolve a few minor quality issues, will look in-house to correct the few noted issues with the Bronco at its initial manufacturing start up. This would be true in any business; none would just accept a "walk-in" to help with issues it knows it can solve.
I agree with you that most businesses wouldn't accept outside help, but pointing out Ford's 100 years of experience doesn't help your argument. You'd think a 100 year car manufacturing company would have their sh*t together but this roll out is a great example of how they don't. Sure the pandemic is to blame for a lot of their issues but I'm starting to feel like it's just magnifying issues that existed prior to the the pandemic. It still blows my mind that the B&P page was such a mess when they first rolled that out and somehow over a year later it still has issues. As someone who works in the software industry I get that they're a car company and not a tech company but sheesh it's not a crazy complicated page. Then there's the terrible Ford Explorer roll-out which happened prior to the pandemic. There are things I'm willing to overlook because of the pandemic but some of these issues just seem so basic and really put into question their "100 years of experience".

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UPDATE DEC 12TH:

Received another call this morning from the Ford Executive Office, advising me of their documented process to receive Customer Feedback.

We are to contact the, CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTER, AT 1-800-392-3673.

For the 3rd time, I lobbied for a way to open communication channels to share feedback. No luck.
Well, it was a valiant effort you put forth Cat. Sadly, Ford corporate fell back (like most executives do) to what is comfortable for them. They would rather stick with something that isn't working instead of admitting they were wrong. Been there, seen it, and it is quite infuriating. Thanks for trying ma'am.
Sponsored