Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Dear Ford,

Hope...that’s the name of my 24 Shadow Black HE…”Hope”.

“Why the name Hope?”, you might ask.

Because that’s what the world needs…Hope.

She will be the first new vehicle I’ve owned since the Wrangler JK I bought 12 years ago to replace the truck God had me give to a stranger in a donut star parking lot…but that’s a story for another day.

Tomorrow (March 6th) is my 49th Birthday and what I want most is to give the world HOPE. I have 3 teenage kids and I desperately want to see them grow up in a world that still has hope. There are people all around me every day who are broken and lonely or busy and distracted…there isn’t much difference…they all need hope.

On June 29, 2012 God made it clear to me that although I was doing a lot of the right things, I wasn’t living for Him….I wasn’t “all in”. I had unintentionally settled for the American dream instead of the dream that He had for me. I’ve been on a journey to live solely for Him ever since. Sometimes I do it well and at other times I fail miserably…and that’s ok because the real goal is the journey. When “Hope” arrives I plan to use her to inspire and encourage others to embark on a journey of their own – to embrace simplicity, escape the grind, reconnect with God, and rediscover the fundamental purpose of our existence.

I currently have thousands of dollars in mods waiting for her in the garage including a roof rack and lots of overlanding gear. We've been waiting since she was "produced" on 2/1. So Dear Ford, it would be a really great birthday if you’d send Hope on her journey home tomorrow…the world needs her...;)
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy Birthday, Michael.
Hope you get good news about Hope today, bud.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy Birthday!!! 🎂

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great story, looking forward to the next installment after Hope arrives. Keep the faith and stay on God's path. Philippians 4:13
Blessings
Gordon
Thank you for this thread, and happy birthday.
Appreciate the donut donation paragraph...something our son would have done, as well; actually, probably has unbeknownst to us! Enjoying the journey will be enhanced with (more) "Hope".
Good luck with your Bronco; you've already used the wait time for prepping with mods. That's much of the fun! Keep us posted!

Sponsored

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford Bronco My Letter to Ford F116bP7WAAEMApE

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dear Ford,

Hope...that’s the name of my 24 Shadow Black HE…”Hope”.

“Why the name Hope?”, you might ask.

Because that’s what the world needs…Hope.

She will be the first new vehicle I’ve owned since the Wrangler JK I bought 12 years ago to replace the truck God had me give to a stranger in a donut star parking lot…but that’s a story for another day.

Tomorrow (March 6th) is my 49th Birthday and what I want most is to give the world HOPE. I have 3 teenage kids and I desperately want to see them grow up in a world that still has hope. There are people all around me every day who are broken and lonely or busy and distracted…there isn’t much difference…they all need hope.

On June 29, 2012 God made it clear to me that although I was doing a lot of the right things, I wasn’t living for Him….I wasn’t “all in”. I had unintentionally settled for the American dream instead of the dream that He had for me. I’ve been on a journey to live solely for Him ever since. Sometimes I do it well and at other times I fail miserably…and that’s ok because the real goal is the journey. When “Hope” arrives I plan to use her to inspire and encourage others to embark on a journey of their own – to embrace simplicity, escape the grind, reconnect with God, and rediscover the fundamental purpose of our existence.

I currently have thousands of dollars in mods waiting for her in the garage including a roof rack and lots of overlanding gear. We've been waiting since she was "produced" on 2/1. So Dear Ford, it would be a really great birthday if you’d send Hope on her journey home tomorrow…the world needs her...;)
Thank you Michael for your story of Hope. I too have been on a journey to rediscover what it means to really live for God vs the American Dream. I've run a very successful business since 2006, but in 2015 I had a major crisis in my life which caused me to re-evaluate everything I had been pursuing most of which was for me.
It's not bad to have and enjoy nice things, but are they kept in the right perspective.
Do they become the primary focus; the illusion that somehow they will bring me ultimate happiness and satisfaction. Only God can fill the void in my life and give me real peace and joy.
Looking forward to hearing about your new HE and your new adventures!

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thank you Michael for your story of Hope. I too have been on a journey to rediscover what it means to really live for God vs the American Dream. I've run a very successful business since 2006, but in 2015 I had a major crisis in my life which caused me to re-evaluate everything I had been pursuing most of which was for me.
It's not bad to have and enjoy nice things, but are they kept in the right perspective.
Do they become the primary focus; the illusion that somehow they will bring me ultimate happiness and satisfaction. Only God can fill the void in my life and give me real peace and joy.
Looking forward to hearing about your new HE and your new adventures!
Thanks @lwilliams34 , I just sent you a message and would love to hear more about your story.

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hope is on her way home. Pretty good progress for just a few days.
Ford Bronco My Letter to Ford Hope Journey Home.PNG
Sponsored