Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I would share a letter I mailed (yes, in an envelope with a stamp) to Ford last month. I waited this long to post it to give Ford a chance to respond so I could show you guys they actually do care about us. It never happened. I didn't even get the cool poster, letter, and sticker. I'm sure I'm on the naughty list now. Honestly, I didn't expect anything in return. Just wanted to feel like I was doing something to help nudge them along in being more responsive. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I hope my sad letter brings you guys joy...or at least a chuckle!
You guys have way too much time on your hands.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wouldn't call it a Dear John letter, wasn't a break up, it's more like a State of the Union letter. But yeah, please update if they do respond, would be interesting to hear their take, thanks.

OP
OP
OldGrayMare

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stay pumped! Don’t forget to register for an Offrodeo event!
I did register for the event solely because a good early bronco friend of ours is part of the Texas Off-rodeo team.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm pretty sure no matter what your letter says, your reply will be along the lines of:
Dear Valued Customer:​
Thank you for being a loyal Bronco (TM) fan. We have taken the time to carefully review your correspondence. Rest assured, we value your opinions. We will be in touch with you every step of the way, until your Bronco (TM) is in your driveway.​

If you get any response, the letter will not address any specific concerns and will not answer any specific questions.
You forgot to add “Stay pumped”, cause you know, that’s how you end most correspondence.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great letter. I bet it felt great to get that out there!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't call it a Dear John letter, wasn't a break up, it's more like a State of the Union letter. But yeah, please update if they do respond, would be interesting to hear their take, thanks.
Dear Henry....

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is working hard to make it happen for everyone. Some things are just out of their control. Many customers are simply to impatient to have to wait. Many hopeful people grew up with the internet, Amazon, buy it today get it delivered tommorow, and mommy never said no environment .....etc They can be very unforgiving if they don't get what they want, when they want it. We see it every day. Today I called Ford customer service for the first time. I had a friendly conversation with a lady after being on hold for 21 minutes. She basically confirmed what my dealer is telling me and had no bad news for me. She thanked me several times for being courteous and patient and understand the situation as it is evolving. I imagine her job is not very enjoyable right now if her communications with customers mirror the constant, nonstop, wailing, crying, whining, and complaining we read here everyday. I've waited YEARS for a new Bronco. I can wait another 6 months if I need to.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
A well put together letter.. If you were a stock holder you could request time to read it at the Annual Shareholders Meeting. Brush up on the public speaking if needed.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford is working hard to make it happen for everyone. Some things are just out of their control. Many customers are simply to impatient to have to wait. Many hopeful people grew up with the internet, Amazon, buy it today get it delivered tommorow, and mommy never said no environment .....etc They can be very unforgiving if they don't get what they want, when they want it. We see it every day. Today I called Ford customer service for the first time. I had a friendly conversation with a lady after being on hold for 21 minutes. She basically confirmed what my dealer is telling me and had no bad news for me. She thanked me several times for being courteous and patient and understand the situation as it is evolving. I imagine her job is not very enjoyable right now if her communications with customers mirror the constant, nonstop, we read here everyday. I've waited YEARS for a new Bronco. I can wait another 6 months if I need to.
Wait are you saying you should be courteous and patient with people, then in the next sentence you say all we do on 6g is “wailing, crying, whining, and complaining”…that’s not very courteous or understanding of you.

I’ll give it a try though. I’m sorry you are forced onto Bronco6g everyday, where we have exposed you to such negativity.

If it helps, I will come help you deal with the person that forces you to click on articles where people voice their frustrations.

I can only imagine how intimidating it must be for you to stand up to said person, and tell them you don’t like reading the threads that are critical of Ford. That if just given the chance, you would read only the content that you enjoyed.

You give the word and I’ll be there to set that person right who is making you read these hurtful opinions.

Last edited:

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very well written letter. It reflects well on the entire bronco community. My first new bronco was a 78. That experience led me to ordering a new 2021. To me, the only plausible explanation for all the drama surrounding this launch is that Ford does not have control over the variables necessary to make the launch successful at this point. I don’t believe there are any bad intentions on Ford’s part. I do believe they care about their customers and what people think of their brand. They have simply lost what ever control they once had in delivering on their promises. Promises may not be the right word, but I have been here since the beginning, and their Actions have been significantly different then their original marketing assertions. I find myself living vicariously through the experience of those who have already received their Broncos, and I listen very carefully to their observations. Like every other reservation holder, I have been concerned about buying the first year model. I am almost relieved that I have some time to hear more testimony before I close my deal. I have had a VIN for months but, honestly, the excitement has turned into “what did I do” anxiety.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think based on Ford's May 28th correspondence to us (via email), you should have been permitted without any harsh judgement from Ford to ask the question "Where's my damned Bronco?"

After all in this pandemic altered reality, we do (especially those of us with a B6G window open all of the time) actually give a damn about supply chain hurdles and countless other things that result in Ford producing or not producing the Bronco's we have ordered. Somehow Ford continues to miss out on timely and relevant communication to us the direct consumers of their product.

Ford got all sorts of invaluable market information when they set up their direct customer reservation system. I'm not sure that Ford realized when they set up reservations we would expect that communication must be a two way street.

Stay pumped
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.