First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need some opinions. I’ve driven manuals most of my life but only had one vehicle that had a ‘cue ball’ style knob and it was plastic and small.
tell me why I should order the WHITE BREAD over the CHISEL style? Come on guys - change my mind!
MannyG20 - I’ve never had a flat top, like the Chisel. But, I do like the way it looks.

The ball seems to feel good, as your hand will wrap around it. Not sure the Chisel will be as comfortable.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • The knob itself is machined from a chunk of 17-4 stainless steel.
  • The adapter that threads into the knob and attaches to the shift arm is machined from 6061 T6 billet aluminum.
  • The Reverse Lever is machined from 6061 T6 billet aluminum.
There are a total of three parts in this assembly. The Reverse Lever is optional.
I'm a visual learner... any pics? I'd like to see the difference. Thanks

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TNBronc4344 - That’s what I’m concerned about. The orange looks cool, but it might end up being too much orange In the cockpit.
I did chiseled black with just the shift pattern in the orange to match my Badlands trim.

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd agree. If it were me, I'd spec a white knob with the badlands orange color fill in the shift pattern. Or same white knob with the shift pattern in raw machined with just the C in the shift pattern color filled in orange as a detail.
Black Chisel is on order, so will be upgrading to try and get the "C" in Badlands Orange! :love:

Sponsored

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like Chisel has the early lead on White Bread for pre-orders.?

I‘ve aways found the ball to be comfortable. Anyone have a flat (Chisel) shifter knob before? How do the shapes compare?

Last edited:

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I‘ve aways found the ball to be comfortable. Anyone have a flat (Chisel) shifter knob before? How do the shapes compare?
This post shows pictures of the 2 designs next to the factory shift knob. I have always been a round fan as well, but have found the factory one to feel quite nice, so I went with the Chisel, which is pretty similar in shape.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ar-gear-jammer-bronco-7-speed-shift-knob.62742/post-2047898

Jason74

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Send it!

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would classify the knob that comes on the Bronco as a “flat” top. If you look at the pics Curtis posted of the Chisel and the the standard Ford knob side by side they are similar

Sponsored

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Chisel is on order, so will be upgrading to try and get the "C" in Badlands Orange! :love:
@EIGHTLUG any chance we could see some rendered images of the black chisel with the shift pattern in badlands orange? Not sure how "easy" it is to produce these images, but I'd love to see the entire pattern in orange as well as variations with just the "C" and/or just the "R" and "C" in orange. Thanks in advance!

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any install videos available? I saw this one for a different shifter and was a little scared off...is this what we can expect or no?
This is not quite the same, but I think will get you an idea of what needs to be done. This guide is for replacing the Shift Boot, but includes removal and re-install of the shift knob and reverse lever.
https://www.redlinegoods.com/Bronco21installMT.pdf
The reason that one is so complicated is because of the short throw shifter, which this is not changing.