JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG …can you give an update on where you are with this first group? Getting close ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG …can you give an update on where you are with this first group? Getting close ?
All of the WHITE BREAD knobs will be at powdercoat today. Those should be done by this weekend. CHISEL are finishing up OP2 then those will go to powdercoat. For those of you that opted for the solid color CHISEL, those will be a couple days behind the post machine CHISELS since they will receive all the machining at one time.

All goes smooth, I’d expect the first WHITE BREAD knobs to start shipping out in the next 7-10 days.

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 72748573334__C9BD4F42-7B98-451E-83CA-5C0C4825DB3E
Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 72739888724__BE46C818-3C8C-4961-8BAF-04949B5F2550

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of the WHITE BREAD knobs will be at powdercoat today. Those should be done by this weekend. CHISEL are finishing up OP2 then those will go to powdercoat. For those of you that opted for the solid color CHISEL, those will be a couple days behind the post machine CHISELS since they will receive all the machining at one time.

All goes smooth, I’d expect the first WHITE BREAD knobs to start shipping out in the next 7-10 days.

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 72739888724__BE46C818-3C8C-4961-8BAF-04949B5F2550
Awesome update, can't wait!!
For those that opted for the shift pattern color fill, any idea how much additional time you expect that to add on?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome update, can't wait!!
For those that opted for the shift pattern color fill, any idea how much additional time you expect that to add on?
If I were a betting man, I wouldn't be surprised if the solid colored chisel with the shift pattern coloring was at least 4+ weeks out. But what do I know, I'm not on Curtis's payroll, I just help fund his kids 529's ;). And I have been trained by he and Tracy over the past two years not to ask.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I were a betting man, I wouldn't be surprised if the solid colored chisel with the shift pattern coloring was at least 4+ weeks out. But what do I know, I'm not on Curtis's payroll, I just help fund his kids 529's ;). And I have been trained by he and Tracy over the past two years not to ask.
Exactly! It's like quietly sitting through a suspenseful move for the climax or talking through the whole thing!

Anyway, you're on track. I wanted to vet the entire process with the WHITE BREAD knobs before we finish off the more complex CHISEL. WHITE BREADs are split between being machined in OP-2 (shift pattern) or being powdercoated.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So close!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Curtis - @EIGHTLUG

If we opt to get the shifter text colour filled - does that include the text on the reverse lockout?
Can this be an option?

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 1708959265713

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Curtis - @EIGHTLUG

If we opt to get the shifter text colour filled - does that include the text on the reverse lockout?
Can this be an option?

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 1708959265713
The text on the reverse lockout will likely be black with the rest of the lever or deleted totally. It's really not that visible under the knob. Diminishing returns on taking the time to add colorfill.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The text on the reverse lockout will likely be black with the rest of the lever or deleted totally. It's really not that visible under the knob. Diminishing returns on taking the time to add colorfill.
thanks for quick response

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG - Any update on completion / shipping dates?
If you're a WHITE BREAD order, they're further along than CHISEL. All of the WHITE BREAD knobs are back from powdercoat and awaiting OP-3 (post machine/shift pattern). If you didn't op for the shift lever too, yours will be the first to ship out.

There are several different flavors of CHISEL and they are all in different places in the process. At this point, they are all at least 3 to 4 weeks out due to much more detail and additional operations. These, I can't wait to see finished. I've never seen anything like what a finished CHISEL will be.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you @FloatingMoat! That makes me feel a little better :)
That's the full linkage replacement. Big job. I did that one and was really scared I'd end up messing something up and ending up with a bronco that needed to go to the mechanic but couldn't go into gear. Good news is I was successful so even an idiot can do it.

That said, for this shifter, everything after taking the boot off is not needed. No need to take out the center console, no messing with the linkage or punching anything out. You pop out the boot, unscrew the old stuff screw in the new stuff and pop the boot right back on. Easy peasy.

One more note, the shift linkage change is a bigger job and harder but it's also by far my favorite mode I've done. Would be even better with this shifter. Happy to answer questions is you ever decide you want to do that.

SamSqwanch

Badlands
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can the entire base color of the shift Knob be custom color ordered or just the letter/number fill?
Sponsored