First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I beleave they said drilling was required on the rock rails if this is true I’m out . I wanted something that slid over the rock rails and fastened to them with out drilling
I would like to see a step where it hooks over the top, but has a strong spring clip that locks it in place on the bottom. The problem is the profile of the rock rails (its a little rotated, so imagine this rotated counterclockwise sp the bottom is flat:
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 1635218036143

The more I think about this, the more ideas run through my head. A hard hook design as part of the step that goes over the top of the rail, but a clamping mechanism just enough to hook around the bottom inner curve.

Pardon my craptastic drawing skills as I know the angles are wrong, but this is what's in my mind on this:
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 1635218537012

The red would be the step itself as a single piece. The green would be the hook that bolts on the bottom (blue is the bolt). The hook piece could be lined with rubber to accommodate the slight curve to the rock rails, prevent slipping sideways, and hooks in a way the step can't be lifted off or move without releasing the bolt first. Two of these clamps with one on each side, and using the same size Torx bolts the doors use and you can use your existing Bronco toolkit, too.

Not sure how feasible that would be, but... 'tis just a thought that would require no drilling, easy on/easy off, too.
Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I banged my knee getting into my Bronco for the second time ever. Hit it against the steering wheel support real hard and now I have a quarter size welt on it. Since there’s no handle on the frame, a step is definitely the next best thing to prevent this for me.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m in. Send it!

Sponsored

redcatcher27

Wildtrak
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Send it!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Need to see what cost will be, but a provisional SEND IT...

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to see them mounted on a 4 door Bronco. They look sweet!

Texasex

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One Pair... Send it...

Sponsored
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will there be a Graphite Black Option? No removal of the top layer? Someone may have asked. Just didn't want to have chrome exposed, unless it looks great, which I am sure it will look great either way. Keep up the hard work! Put me on the list!