John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im not sure what you did in the solonoid install that keeps you from shutting your hood because of contact with the air connector. The solenoid is necessary because the voltage to power the unit does not come from the switch but from the supply wire and therefore the switch wire simply shuts it on and off. At least that's my understanding. I agree that the lower bracket connection to the shock bolt is extremely difficult. By all accounts as you say the double ARB is much easier to install and the wiring harness works right without much interference or adaptation. I had four wheel parts to my wiring because I found it too complicated. I suggest that you rotate the unit in a different way so that it sits under your hood. See mine below.

Ford Bronco ARB Single Compressor Install Video (HELPFUL HINTS) SmartSelect_20230424_151813_Gallery

Ford Bronco ARB Single Compressor Install Video (HELPFUL HINTS) SmartSelect_20230424_152258_Gallery

20230309_162409.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had it that way initially, but then I added the pressure switch. The pressure switch part of the harness didn't reach over to the other side, so I rotated the unit as far back as possible to plug in the red/blue pressure switch harness. I don't think it's hitting, but it's close.

I see you didn't install the pressure switch on your set up. If I redo the set up without the pressure switch, then I could rotate back. I was instructed I had to have pressure switch, but I guess not.

Thanks for the feedback.

OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im not sure what you did in the solonoid install that keeps you from shutting your hood because of contact with the air connector. The solenoid is necessary because the voltage to power the unit does not come from the switch but from the supply wire and therefore the switch wire simply shuts it on and off. At least that's my understanding. I agree that the lower bracket connection to the shock bolt is extremely difficult. By all accounts as you say the double ARB is much easier to install and the wiring harness works right without much interference or adaptation. I had four wheel parts to my wiring because I found it too complicated. I suggest that you rotate the unit in a different way so that it sits under your hood. See mine below.

SmartSelect_20230424_151813_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20230424_152258_Gallery.jpg

20230309_162409.jpg
I took your advice and switched it over. Much better set up, and no need to adjust every time.
Ford Bronco ARB Single Compressor Install Video (HELPFUL HINTS) 20230425_113844[1]

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took your advice and switched it over. Much better set up, and no need to adjust every time.
Ford Bronco ARB Single Compressor Install Video (HELPFUL HINTS) 20230425_113844[1]
Excellent! My pressure switch/solonoid is on the other side, out of view! I installed the unit and bracket, 4wp installed the solenoids and wiring. I've done my own boat wiring for years, but I could not understand the instructions for how to wire this, and using the upfitter switches. Paying someone else to do the wiring? Priceless! I admire your ability to do that yourself!

Sponsored

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread... I'm going to be installing this compressor on my bronco and have a couple questions.
What mount are you using? Did it come with the compressor?
Got a link if not?
Thanks

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good deal. Anyone know if there are any cheaper options? $250 seems like a lot for what it is. The ARB mount is $260...
If you're strictly talking about engine bay mounts, from what I've found, they're all pretty similarly priced. Here are the common ones you'll see posted about frequently on here:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread... I'm going to be installing this compressor on my bronco and have a couple questions.
What mount are you using? Did it come with the compressor?
Got a link if not?
Thanks
He's using the KR Off-Road Compressor Kit (on sale this week!): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

I would recommend the twin compressor. Installation is MUCH easier and the compressor is MUCH faster. However the single WILL save you some cash.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good deal. Anyone know if there are any cheaper options? $250 seems like a lot for what it is. The ARB mount is $260...
Well the KR Off-Road one is made here in the USA out of stainless steel with a lifetime warranty. At $249.99 I believe we're actually lower then some other kits AND we're the EASIEST to install (which is why we have a patent pending design). Other compressor mounts do the job but require a LOT more work to make happen.

Our kits are on sale this week also (Labor Day) so you save 15% once you add the kit to your cart. That's some big savings, especially when you add in a compressor (which also gets discounted)

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well the KR Off-Road one is made here in the USA out of stainless steel with a lifetime warranty. At $249.99 I believe we're actually lower then some other kits AND we're the EASIEST to install (which is why we have a patent pending design). Other compressor mounts do the job but require a LOT more work to make happen.

Our kits are on sale this week also (Labor Day) so you save 15% once you add the kit to your cart. That's some big savings, especially when you add in a compressor (which also gets discounted)
Ordered my mount from you a couple days ago... Still seems like a lot for a mount. Already got the single compressor from ARB.
Sponsored