Sponsored

Onboard ARB Air Compressor - Single or Dual?

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with a single. Seems plenty for my needs, as it takes my 35s from 20 to 38 in maybe 15 minutes total. Granted, I’m doing them individually, so there’s the moving around, unscrewing caps, etc. I’m also just an occasional off-roader, so it’s not something I’m doing multiple times per week, and I’m not in a group where I might become the air source for a crowd. If I were, I’d probably have gone with the dual, but single suits my use case fine. Though it does get quite hot, but I raise the hood on the trail.

Talk to 4x4Led if you do get the single. Per his post above, you do need a couple extra parts with the single. I ended up buying an adapter from Amazon for $20, so that eats into the savings. The mount works well, and I routed my airchuck to the cowl by the radio antenna. There are a couple threads on here about that. I find it really convenient, as I use it at home to air up all my tires.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI, now that I'm at a desk and can explain.

With a Twin, it's basically twin singles mounted together already and plumbed together ready to go. It has a power harness and a switch harness so nice and simple to wire. Attach your coupler and your done.

With the single, you have to put the manifold on (included in the kit) because it's not pre-installed/plumbed. To install the manifold properly you'll need some fittings (which come in the pump up kit so if you DO want a single just buy the pump up kit as well and you have all the fittings).

You have to wire in the switch with the single, as the power harness isn't already setup for plug and play. It's not difficult you just need to bring power to the switch and then you can trigger it on and off.

The twin is just so much easier to wire up, especially with our switch harness (plugs right into the compressor and then to your switch, so easy). YEAH it costs more but it's worth it for the time savings and speed.

OP
OP
Peitnahtan

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FYI, now that I'm at a desk and can explain.

With a Twin, it's basically twin singles mounted together already and plumbed together ready to go. It has a power harness and a switch harness so nice and simple to wire. Attach your coupler and your done.

With the single, you have to put the manifold on (included in the kit) because it's not pre-installed/plumbed. To install the manifold properly you'll need some fittings (which come in the pump up kit so if you DO want a single just buy the pump up kit as well and you have all the fittings).

You have to wire in the switch with the single, as the power harness isn't already setup for plug and play. It's not difficult you just need to bring power to the switch and then you can trigger it on and off.

The twin is just so much easier to wire up, especially with our switch harness (plugs right into the compressor and then to your switch, so easy). YEAH it costs more but it's worth it for the time savings and speed.
Thank you, appreciate you taking the time to explain!

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m happy with the single. Used my ford points to buy the single arb. It’s fine! 3m per tire. If you buy the pressure switch you can just plug it and forget it while you do other stuff. Like have a beer.

Sponsored

Rick_DRZ

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 MB Sprinter, 2020 BMW x7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the twin and I can go from 22psi to 35 psi in all 4 stock sas tires at the same time in just over 3 mins. It takes me about that to hook everything up and roll it back up afterwards. I've never timed the whole thing, but it is less than 10 minutes for the whole process. If the single compressor doubled the inflation time, it would only increase the whole process time by roughly 30%.

I typically air down and stay aired down for a few days before airing back up. If I were to do it again, I would save some $$ and get the single. If I were going up and down often, I would get the double as well as pipe air close to each wheel.

I feel piping air close to each wheel would not be too expensive and would make the whole process much quicker as 4 short hoses would be much easier to manage than the big tangle I currently have now. I will be looking at this more closely as I want to save storage space.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating between an ARB Dual Compressor (CKMTA12) vs ARB Single Compressor (CKMA12).

For those with the ARB Single Compressor, would you recommend it for airing 35s? Do you air each tires individually? Two at a time or all four at once?

I'll be using the compressor strictly for airing up after the trails. If I get the single I'll mount it in the rear door with the mount from American Adventure Lab. If I go with the dual, I'll mount it in the spare tire mount from AGS Off Road. Really love the AGS spare tire mount but I'm debating if I really need a dual compressor and spending that extra $300.

Appreciate everyone's feedback.
Hey have you found reviews of the AAL tailgate single compressor mount? I like that option.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey have you found reviews of the AAL tailgate single compressor mount? I like that option.
In for a review as well. I’ve been eyeing that one.