First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple planes, a couple bikes, a couple cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got my Apex mini reel mounted. Decided to put it driver side, and it fits nicely behind the speaker enclosure.

Using the twin ARB compressor under the hood with the additional pressure kit. (So it stops inflating at the pressure I set on my phone). Wired it to the overhead switches. All pretty straight forward for an install, but it did take me a bit of time.

Ford Bronco Onboard air installed: ARB compressor + Apex mini reel mounted IMG_2657 (1)
Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so is the other side of this hose permanently attached to the compressor and you can just flip the switch and hook up a tire? Or do you need to open the hood and connect the coupler on that side as well on each use?

OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Permanently attached. Just flip the switch from inside. Pull the hose out and fill till the compressor stops, then move on.

I might throw a tee in the line to the pressure module and add an additional high pressure access point. That way if I want to use air tools or whatever I have a second source to hook an additional line to. (Without changing the pressure switch from the phone

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s an awesome set up @Justjoe

I have an ARB twin under the hood and itā€™s funny when Iā€˜m airing up at the end of the day with the hood up and guys stop to see if I need help. :) Kind folks but just airing up.

With your set up running out of the back, sure that would take care of the inquiries. However you got that hose to the back, hats off too you my friend!

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s sexy! Could you explain or provide more pictures of your setup?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The ARB compressor kit I used was through Ford Performance (because I had a crap ton of points). Pretty straight forward install, though it does take some time. There are some great videos on here. The pressure module is plumbed beyond the ARB ballast, so you can affix that wherever. When I ordered my reel, I added 16 feet of hose, two hose ends, and the high flow fitting to fill from all
I decided against changing out my tire stems to use the Apex specific intflator.

I used the Apex 90 degree mount, and drilled into the descending steel structure behind the speaker area. The higher you go, the further you are from the back window, so for fittment mine ended with the bottom of the reel about level with the bottom of the plastic pod. Drilled the holes using a 1/4ā€ carbide drill and a 5/16 tap. (I wrecked my ā€œFā€ drill bit trying to drill out a 1/4ā€ drill guide for the extra .007ā€ā€¦ 1/4ā€ hole works fine, and itā€™s not too small to tap). I did drill out the mounting plate holes to accommodate the 5/16 mounting hardware I wanted to use.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

nice setup - but this only does allow you to inflate ONE tire at a time correct?

OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The ARB compressor kit I used was through Ford Performance (because I had a crap ton of points). Pretty straight forward install, though it does take some time. There are some great videos on here. The pressure module is plumbed beyond the ARB ballast, so you can affix that wherever. When I ordered my reel, I added 16 feet of hose, two hose ends, and the high flow fitting to fill from all from Apex..
I decided against changing out my tire stems to use the Apex specific intflator.

I used the Apex 90 degree mount, and drilled into the descending steel structure behind the speaker area. The higher you go, the further you are from the back window, so for fittment mine ended with the bottom of the reel about level with the bottom of the plastic pod. Drilled the holes using a 1/4ā€ carbide drill and a 5/16 tap. (I wrecked my ā€œFā€ drill bit trying to drill out a 1/4ā€ drill guide for the extra .007ā€ā€¦ 1/4ā€ hole works fine, and itā€™s not too small to tap). I did drill out the mounting plate holes to accommodate the 5/16 mounting hardware I wanted to use.
nice setup - but this only does allow you to inflate ONE tire at a time correct?
Yes. I figured that a quick one tire inflate, then on to the next without the need for a pressure gauge vs running around attaching short inflation hoses from two points (inside a wheel well (?) and to the tire stem) would be a more efficient process.
Many ways to skin that cat

Fast Intentions Inc.

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Fast Intentions
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastintentions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my Apex mini reel mounted. Decided to put it driver side, and it fits nicely behind the speaker enclosure.

Ford Bronco Onboard air installed: ARB compressor + Apex mini reel mounted IMG_2657 (1)
Nice! We're in the process of doing the same with our APEX reel and will likely be offering a bolt in mount for these if there is enough interest from other Bronco owners.

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! I would be all over this if it could handle Power Tank pressures

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent write up. Thank you. I am curious, and forgive my ignorance, but why just one tire at a time? Iā€™ve got an old 4 tire inflate system I currently run off a Viar pump. My goal has been to eventually install an ARB twin onboard somewhere with the auto pressure shutoff. The Apex reel looks like a nice way to keep the hose organized and allows more flexibility for inflation away from the vehicle possibly. Is the ID of the apex hose the limiting factor?

OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to keep it clean and simple.

I can see the allure to having four hoses going at her all at one time. Getting filled from multiple directionsā€¦ Iā€™m not sure how I would set something like that up.

ik_fk

First Edition
First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC200 and 21 BRONCO FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Using the twin ARB compressor under the hood with the additional pressure kit. (So it stops inflating at the pressure I set on my phone). Wired it to the overhead switches. All pretty straight forward for an install, but it did take me a bit of time.

where is the arb mounted? and can you show the whole setup

OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Under the hood. Iā€™ll have to take some pictures later.
Sponsored