Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Random question... I have not received my BL yet, but will the stock front suspension handle the weight of an aftermarket bumper? I know on my 4Runner I needed to upgrade to handle the extra weight.
Stiffer springs will likely be needed. On my FJ when I had this bumper on stock springs it did sag a little and you could feel the extra weight under braking. Stiffer springs solved it. Adding a winch and the bumper is going to make springs mandatory.
Sponsored

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stiffer springs will likely be needed. On my FJ when I had this bumper on stock springs it did sag a little and you could feel the extra weight under braking. Stiffer springs solved it. Adding a winch and the bumper is going to make springs mandatory.
Anyone here know where to get stiffer springs? I love the ARB bumper but agree stiffer springs will probably be a good idea, but can't seem to find anything online. Its not like I am in too much of a rush as my rig hasn't been built yet.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Prefer the look of that style bumper for sure. Hoping some aluminium version come out soon.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone here know where to get stiffer springs? I love the ARB bumper but agree stiffer springs will probably be a good idea, but can't seem to find anything online. Its not like I am in too much of a rush as my rig hasn't been built yet.
The springs are likely the standard size coilover spring. Getting the length and spring weight is the problem. Worst case I will buy someone's take offs and have them measured. From there Eibach or Geiser would likely have a spring to fit the need.

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you know a price on that summit bumper. i didnt see anything on arb website

Sponsored

wildtrakdan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone mount one yet?
In the process now. Finished prepping the Bronco and installing the winch, lights and rest of the stuff on the bumper this weekend. Last step is to mount on vehicle. Overall, instructions were pretty good, fit and finish is excellent, only a couple of head scratchers. The pictures included in the instructions are very dark. Did a test fitting today and need to determine what to do about the winch cables as they bind with the under grill facia. Ordered a camera extender cable from amazon - hope to have the bumper installed by the end of the week.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the process now. Finished prepping the Bronco and installing the winch, lights and rest of the stuff on the bumper this weekend. Last step is to mount on vehicle. Overall, instructions were pretty good, fit and finish is excellent, only a couple of head scratchers. The pictures included in the instructions are very dark. Did a test fitting today and need to determine what to do about the winch cables as they bind with the under grill facia. Ordered a camera extender cable from amazon - hope to have the bumper installed by the end of the week.
Please post up pics when you are done.

RubberDucky

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is mine installed. Waiting for the Diode Dynamics fog lights.

The bumper moves the camera, the radar and all parking sensors. The license plate mount came with it.

Only issue I've had is the camera relocation is for no front plate so you can see the top of the plate on the screen.

Ford Bronco Arb summit bumper PXL_20220428_011529351~4

We just got back from a 3600 mile road trip. A lot of winding mountain roads. Running with the stock suspension and you can tell there is extra weight on the front but it isn't too bad.

wildtrakdan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for your post. Looks great! Did you end up cutting the facia under the grill to make room for your winch cables?

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is mine installed. Waiting for the Diode Dynamics fog lights.

The bumper moves the camera, the radar and all parking sensors. The license plate mount came with it.

Only issue I've had is the camera relocation is for no front plate so you can see the top of the plate on the screen.

Ford Bronco Arb summit bumper PXL_20220428_011529351~4

We just got back from a 3600 mile road trip. A lot of winding mountain roads. Running with the stock suspension and you can tell there is extra weight on the front but it isn't too bad.
From the photo it appears that the bumper extends forward about 6" further than the stock bumper. Is that about right?

RubberDucky

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will get more picture this evening and post them.

Village Idiot

Badlands
First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARB great stuff! Grumper anyone for grill protection?

Ford Bronco Arb summit bumper 1654116819499

RubberDucky

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the photo it appears that the bumper extends forward about 6" further than the stock bumper. Is that about right?
Yeah, I didn't measure but it is about 6 to 8 inches beyond stock.

Ford Bronco Arb summit bumper PXL_20220602_002603438~2