Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Land Rover Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And it begins!!!
๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

20230929_181222.jpg
So does the dual arb actually fit in the dv8 storage box?
I have the box ordered. Not sure whether to get the single or dual arb compressor
Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fits fine, tight and you can only put it in one way, but it works great!!
I also have the pressure control in there and it have no problem connecting to the app, with it all closed up.
Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? 20231001_095103

Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? 20231001_095040

Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? 20231001_100114

Made myself a new 4 way inflate/deflate, so i dont have to take it from one vehicle to the other, each one has its own!
Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? 20231001_123036

Btw goto 4x4 truck leds and do a 'quote' i did and got 10% off everything i needed for install.
Ymmv.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iโ€™m glad I found this thread. I am figuring out the details now, but I am hoping to fab up with something similar to what American Adventure Labs makes for the Jeep (minus the fuse box/12v charger). Relocates the intake filters and coupler to the quarter panels for better accessibility.

Iโ€™m actually surprised that DV8 doesnโ€™t offer something like this to go with their kit. The only pictures that DV8 has posted with the dual compressor has the coupler mounted directly to the compressor. Do they really think that people are buying this because they want to have to dig under all their shit to get to this box and open it up to use it?

Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? IMG_3971

Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? IMG_3972

Greekbull

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor...shopping
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anyone bought the Kraken kit for a Jeep and modified it? I'm wondering if we can use the DV8 Storage box and make a custom harness and longer hoses run to the Kraken mounts under the driver and passenger seats for the same functioning system... May just go ahead and try that soon.

cyrus104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone bought the Kraken kit for a Jeep and modified it? I'm wondering if we can use the DV8 Storage box and make a custom harness and longer hoses run to the Kraken mounts under the driver and passenger seats for the same functioning system... May just go ahead and try that soon.
I totally up vote this. I have a kraken system with pressure control sitting in my garage after I got rid of my Jeep JK and got a BRaptor (5 days ago).

P.S. I still love jeeps and would love a jeep with a 392 or maybe Hurricane but this was the right move for me now.

Sponsored

Greekbull

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor...shopping
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I totally up vote this. I have a kraken system with pressure control sitting in my garage after I got rid of my Jeep JK and got a BRaptor (5 days ago).

P.S. I still love jeeps and would love a jeep with a 392 or maybe Hurricane but this was the right move for me now.
Very Cool haven't actually gotten my Bronco Raptor yet but will here in the next few months. I actually was going back and forth on that and the 392. But after driving a few of them I just think the Braptor was a much better handling vehicle, and a better buy with what I would need to do to the 392 to get it where I want it.

If no one has done the Kraken conversion(and if Epic doesn't already release a Bronco Kit), I'll be happy to be the guinea pig and do it and take some photos etc. I think it should be a fairly easy mod from the original Kraken kit from what I can see.

cyrus104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iโ€™ve messaged Epic a couple of times with vague responses of new products are always being considered.

Iโ€™m going to measure under the seat to see how close it is. I have a kraken I took out of a JL to use as measurements. If it works, I might just have an aluminum plate laser cut out. That shouldnโ€™t be that much work.

cyrus104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Greekbull So after actually looking if you were like me and have the power seats, itโ€™s a nogo for the Kraken. Probably gonna do like was mentioned, put the ARB twin in the dv8 trunk box. I would still like to run the air tubes up to where the Kraken normally installs for its air hook ups. I think this would be a cool alternative for those of us that canโ€™t use a normal Kraken.

Since I have the Kraken here already I can play with moving the mounts around and maybe 3D print the mounts out for test fitting.

With the Battery already on the driver side, I might have the switch and purge on the driver side and only air on the passenger side.

Last edited:

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Decided to give up on doing something on board. Going with:

NAPA Horizontal Electric Air Compressor BK MTWM10215C | Buy Online - NAPA Auto Parts (napaonline.com) //20% off right now

paired with:

Keeps me at <$300 which feels right for something I'll use about a dozen times a year.
I have that compressor as well. Works great. Good volume. Just remember it does got hit when using it and watch the hose with heat. It likes to break

Sponsored

Greekbull

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor...shopping
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Greekbull So after actually looking if you were like me and have the power seats, itโ€™s a nogo for the Kraken. Probably gonna do like was mentioned, put the ARB twin in the dv8 trunk box. I would still like to run the air tubes up to where the Kraken normally installs for its air hook ups. I think this would be a cool alternative for those of us that canโ€™t use a normal Kraken.

Since I have the Kraken here already I can play with moving the mounts around and maybe 3D print the mounts out for test fitting.

With the Battery already on the driver side, I might have the switch and purge on the driver side and only air on the passenger side.
Keep us posted and please take pics of any install. This would obviously be a huge help to the Braptor community looking for a slick solution. I think combination of that DV8 cargo area mount and lines running to an under seat mount would be very workable in theory. I also reached out to Epic and it doesn't sound like they have any plans for anything for the Bronco in the near future.

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have that compressor as well. Works great. Good volume. Just remember it does got hot when using it and watch the hose with heat. It likes to break
Thanks. Hoping that upgrading the connection and hose will help with all that. It does say in the manual 15 minutes on, 5 off, which I'm hoping does the trick. Saving me hundreds of $ though so happy about that.

Greekbull

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor...shopping
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After witnessing a demonstration and watching 4 tires go from 15psi to 38 in just under 6min with the Thor's Lightning(lol cheesy name) vs 10+ min for the ARB Dual Compressor I think I'm shifting gears and going that route. They have a mount for the Bronco that goes on the side and uses bolt that hold the top in...but I may look to do a more elegant solution. Definitely impressed by the performance!