First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why cover it? I like the look of a raw engine. Additionally, I’m sure air flow is a bit better without one, but that’s probably not the reason why there isn’t one - I.e., Ford cost avoidance.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got the JCR off-road cover, had it powdercoated and then a vinyl bronco put on it

394B9E63-F8B6-4531-BAB4-5FE24F83A503.jpeg
This looks great! I have this one too, but just kept mine black. I also have Velocity Blue, so like what you’ve done here with the powder coat. Well done. How is the vinyl Bronco logo holding up? There are some things I want to stick to mine, but it gets so hot I’m afraid they will just peel off.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Check on Amazon, got my for 110.00. Not sure if this is an issue on other years but mine is a 2023 and I had to cut down one of the brackets it came with to make it work.

Ford Bronco Are engine covers optional? IMG_1272
Lmao at their picture of a "Bronco" being an RC car.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The engine is definitely not pleasing to look at with all of the hoses and tubes. You have to really strain to see the valve cover and block. You don't need an engine cover, there's nothing to show off whether you have a cover or not. The engines perform well enough with all that plumbing though so there is something good going on. I like the look of my 1987 Chevy Squarebody truck with a 1974 Chevy 350 in it. Simple enough and very pleasing to look at. But the Bronco will do double circles around it, LOL.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why cover it? I like the look of a raw engine. Additionally, I’m sure air flow is a bit better without one, but that’s probably not the reason why there isn’t one - I.e., Ford cost avoidance.
Yeah, this.

I don't understand why any of you would want an engine cover. There isn't one on my 2005 Mustang and the one on my Escape just makes it harder to get to stuff.

It has been decades since Ford made an engine that actually looked good by itself. I always love looking at a good 289. Apparently now "function" is more important than "form", and I'm fine with that, but please don't stick an extra piece of plastic on it that isn't actually needed..

Sponsored

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found the ranger engine cover and studs for ~$70 and I don’t regret it. If it needs to come off (don’t know why), it’s 2 nuts.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Are engine covers optional? Screenshot_20230622-122025_Gallery
the good old days
The engine is definitely not pleasing to look at with all of the hoses and tubes. You have to really strain to see the valve cover and block. You don't need an engine cover, there's nothing to show off whether you have a cover or not. The engines perform well enough with all that plumbing though so there is something good going on. I like the look of my 1987 Chevy Squarebody truck with a 1974 Chevy 350 in it. Simple enough and very pleasing to look at. But the Bronco will do double circles around it, LOL.

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks great! I have this one too, but just kept mine black. I also have Velocity Blue, so like what you’ve done here with the powder coat. Well done. How is the vinyl Bronco logo holding up? There are some things I want to stick to mine, but it gets so hot I’m afraid they will just peel off.
I didnt think it would work because it would be too hot under the hood but my tint/graphics shop said it would be fine, which it has. Surprisingly the engine cover doesn't get as hot as you think it would.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also got the cover from JCR Offroad. Definitely helped my OCD a bit lol

Ford Bronco Are engine covers optional? 1689938788817

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
UGG!!!!!!
Talk about throwing your money away, there is zero reason to spend money on an engine cover that does absolutely nothing but make more future land fill material.

If you really need to get rid of that cash in your pocket, by all means send it to me, but this nonsense is beyond me.
Sponsored