chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Short story I got rear ended hard by a DUI, lots of damage, but I am curious about the frame. My rear cross member, hitch and at least the driver's rear frame rail piece are toast. It looks like there is a replaceable section of frame that is behind the axle. I am guessing that I need all of that.. plus bumper, trim, muffler, wiring harnesses, sensors, tailgate, paint etc....

Are those rear frame parts available or do you have to replace the whole frame?
Sponsored

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At least both of the red circled areas will need to be replaced, passenger maybe straightened, drivers no way. I will also need the rear cross member.
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? frame 2

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was driving 35mph, she was going 50? And didn’t let up till I was ran off the road into a fence… she then rolled backwards down a hill 500’ THEN rolled off a 30’ retaining wall and landed upside down. She is in the hospital.
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_6059
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_6061
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_6060

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just roughing it, I see at least 10k in parts and I am probably missing a ton of stuff... I wonder what a frame replacement costs...

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They have a front and rear service kit available. It’s the same picture you posted.

MB3Z-5F040-K is the part number for the rear. Includes both pieces with the green triangle.
Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_3537

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep- I found that- between the tailgate,
Bumper, trim and frame section is where I came up with $10k in parts. Add in a few thousand for paintwork, and a lot of labor and I cannot see this being a quick or cheap fix. I still have not found out if they have insurance. I do of course.

Don’t know how I feel about it being fixed l.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep- I found that- between the tailgate,
Bumper, trim and frame section is where I came up with $10k in parts. Add in a few thousand for paintwork, and a lot of labor and I cannot see this being a quick or cheap fix. I still have not found out if they have insurance. I do of course.

Don’t know how I feel about it being fixed l.
If you’ve got a First Edition, maybe let it play out. Hope it can be repaired.

Screw her man! Must have been very drunk to be going that fast and not slow down.

Good luck bud!

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you’ve got a First Edition, maybe let it play out. Hope it can be repaired.

Screw her man! Must have been very drunk to be going that fast and not slow down.

Good luck bud!
Luckily it was on our Badlands and not the FE. She and the passenger admitted MJ use. It wasn’t so much the initial speed, it was that she didn’t let up after hitting me. I lost steering control as I was being pushed from behind

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Luckily it was on our Badlands and not the FE. She and the passenger admitted MJ use. It wasn’t so much the initial speed, it was that she didn’t let up after hitting me. I lost steering control as I was being pushed from behind
Just glad you weren’t seriously hurt. Accidents happen, but this wasn’t one of those; it was criminal.

Don’t let her insurance play games (hope she had some)

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the car that rear ended me

Ford Bronco Are frame sub parts available? IMG_6063
With a rear end strike that hard make sure you go all the way to the cat and exhaust manifold when looking for damage. This gets missed a lot in damage estimates. If the track bar took damage, doesn't look like it, check mount points and welds on the car axle.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With a rear end strike that hard make sure you go all the way to the cat and exhaust manifold when looking for damage. This gets missed a lot in damage estimates. If the track bar took damage, doesn't look like it, check mount points and welds on the car axle.
Muffler is toast to

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is awful. Another beautiful race red Bronco smashed up. Makes me sick after what I went through.

Yours does look fixable, but it certainly won't be cheap.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the body shop follows OE procedures, meaning they put it on a laser frame measuring rack, hung targets and measured the amount of diagonal, it's toast. Beside the front and rear repair sections, there's no provision for these frames to be straightened/pulled according to Ford. Good chance the cargo floor, up to the rear seat is messed up and even with sections available, will dramatically drive the repair cost up.

Just looking at the pics, my guess is the $30K+ area. The frame itself, which is showing 5 available, has a list price of $5,551.88. I think the p/n is NB3Z-5005-K but would need the VIN to be sure because it's superseded 5 times since introduced. Not sure the time to do a frame swap but I'd guess the 50 hour range. You'd also need to replace all one time use fasteners and anything else that breaks coming apart. Still haven't dealt with any body damage at this point and would assume there will be some hidden which likely means a fatty supplement.
Sponsored