Sponsored

Are these doors finicky as hell, or am I simple?

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There does seem to be a "happy" spot in door closing where the stars align and everything works as intended. Once I figured out I was closing them too softly, I haven't had too much trouble. I did have one fail to go back up after closing and that required a full power cycle to get it to finally close again. Kinda hokey, but not that big of a deal to me.
I've had it not close all the way a couple of times, but all I had to do was open and close the door again. No cycling or anything.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 06 Mustang GT convertible has the auto down window when opening the door. Never had an issue with it not opening fast enough. If Ford had this perfected on 06 then I suspect there might be an issue with the Bronco system in 2021.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of sad to think Ford can’t even do a simple door/window thing. I have owned and operated quite a few vehicles over the years without any said problems.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF, and I think it’s an unlikely if, there’s a consequence to the window shake, it’s unlikely to be shattering of the tempered glass (that stuff is tough) but rather a loosening of the window regulator mechanism. Having recently replaced two regulators (Honda Element and LR Disco) I’m impressed by the fragile nature there. Hopefully engineering in this realm has progressed beyond frangible aluminium channels containing brittle plastic rollers, all held together by pressed rivets.

Big Blue

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just noticed my rear driver side door no longer moves when opening or closing. I’ll let you know what the dealer says.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole window/door thing is really bizarre to me. I've had my hands on 6 Broncos now, 5 more doors and 1 2dr. The doors and windows operated normally on all of them, with the glass only shaking when I purposely opened the door abnormally fast to make it do it. The 2dr was actually the least shaky of all which made me happy.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will never understand the need to slam the doors of new/modern vehicles. It isn't difficult to properly close the doors, without excessive force.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole window/door thing is really bizarre to me. I've had my hands on 6 Broncos now, 5 more doors and 1 2dr. The doors and windows operated normally on all of them, with the glass only shaking when I purposely opened the door abnormally fast to make it do it. The 2dr was actually the least shaky of all which made me happy.
Because you are probably not needlessly slamming every damned car door you come across.

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it just me? I tried to avoid slamming the doors given the frameless window situation. Demuro highlighted this too that the windows don’t roll up fast enough and shake when you open them

Needless to say, now being more careful with the doors, 10% of the time the doors don’t close fully. Ie they are 1/4” from being flush. When I go to hit the lock button on the FOB it doesn’t honk. Drove me crazy initially but now I know it’s because one of the doors didn’t fully close. To make matters worse if a door didn’t ....
The doors are removable, take them off, problem solved.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can reset the window limiter and I hear that eliminates the shake when opening the door. I don’t see an issue with slamming the door

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There does seem to be a "happy" spot in door closing where the stars align and everything works as intended. Once I figured out I was closing them too softly, I haven't had too much trouble. I did have one fail to go back up after closing and that required a full power cycle to get it to finally close again. Kinda hokey, but not that big of a deal to me.
Can you explain what you mean by a full power cycle? Do you mean by removing the negative battery cable?

Edit: Never mind I figure out the fix. Thanks!

Last edited:

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you explain what you mean by a full power cycle? Do you mean by removing the negative battery cable?
No, I didn't disconnect power. I cycled via PTS switch.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I didn't disconnect power. I cycled via PTS switch.
ok, that’s what I thought at first but that didn’t work for me. What worked was
rolling it all the way down and then keep holding for 3-4 seconds. Roll all the way up and keep holding for 3-4 seconds. Repeat twice within 30 seconds.
Sponsored