Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it's been mentioned with recent changes by the EPA, it will hamper tunes and mods. Some said it was just for racing... There's been a number of shops that have been raided by the EPA. Here's Lund racing talking about their raid. I was interested in modding later down the road and wondering how this would impacted off-road modding vs racing. I'm not sure there's much of a difference between how the 2 are modded. Would be interested in hearing from some of the tune companies on here for their take...
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I lived in Germany you could not mod anything!, the vehicle registration book had the major component serial numbers recorded, and every time you went in for the by-annual safety inspection (TUV) those were checked. And by safety inspection I mean one that makes ours look like a once over, they check everything! I am sure they are even stricter now.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like the govt ever stopped anyone

Since I work in NY, I wind up pumping my own gas here in Jersey, which is supposedly illegal.

Besides that though, theres the age old adage of "it's only illegal if you get caught". Lets see them try to get us all

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like the govt ever stopped anyone

Since I work in NY, I wind up pumping my own gas here in Jersey, which is supposedly illegal.

Besides that though, theres the age old adage of "it's only illegal if you get caught". Lets see them try to get us all
FordPass... it's already phoning home and Ford has already turned over the information to the authorities in recent incidents. Ford wants some carbon credit currency and will roll over on you in a heartbeat to keep the feds out of their money pile.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FordPass... it's already phoning home and Ford has already turned over the information to the authorities in recent incidents. Ford wants some carbon credit currency and will roll over on you in a heartbeat to keep the feds out of their money pile.
Now I'm not familiar with newer cars, so are you automatically signed up or is it an option the uniformed can be sold out without knowing the darkside of it?

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it's been mentioned with recent changes by the EPA, it will hamper tunes and mods. Some said it was just for racing... There's been a number of shops that have been raided by the EPA. Here's Lund racing talking about their raid. I was interested in modding later down the road and wondering how this would impacted off-road modding vs racing. I'm not sure there's much of a difference between how the 2 are modded. Would be interested in hearing from some of the tune companies on here for their take...
‘what you will have is dual PCM’s..one for the “street” and one for the track.

not new, Ford actually used it in the 2012-13 Boss 302 Mustangs

https://jalopnik.com/this-red-key-turns-your-boss-mustang-into-a-race-car-5687042

not much the epa can do about it as long as you run the street pcm, but they are trying to prevent any street car from being converted to a race car..that’s outrageous and I dont think will fly.

saying that...sign the petition

https://www.vividracing.com/blog/rpm-act-join-sema-in-challenging-the-epas-attempt-to-ban-race-cars/
Sponsored