First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And we're closer. The test of it install video, and fitment on the Bronco. A lot of nuts and bolts on the top.

EDIT: Looking at the video, those are some nice thick seals. Even without the headliner, I think this top may be pretty quiet.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And we're closer. The test of it install video, and fitment on the Bronco. A lot of nuts and bolts on the top.

EDIT: Looking at the video, those are some nice thick seals. Even without the headliner, I think this top may be pretty quiet.

I’m really excited to hear what it sounds like on the inside! Looks like they have focused a lot on making sure the seals are as durable as the aluminum exoskeleton. Plus the patterns they have for the liners are fun. Just sad there’s no Velcro for patches 😭

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Another update: Armadillo put the top on BroncBuster's "Portal" Bronco, and did a Liner X style finish. Came out pretty good. This is the powder coat that they will offer. Shows the broken down pieces the headliner/sound installed, and some extra accessories they will offer.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/armadillodesigns/3311684626828103369/
Just saw that video with the Powdercoat. Looks really good! Much better than Line-X in my opinion, but I like that it’s been proven you can do Line-X if desired

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Powdercoat top on Armadillo's Bronco. Headed to UBB.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the Rhino Line Hard Top. It's not bad. Armadillo is deciding to add that one to the line up.

DirectHit

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they make a 2 door version my mic top will be up for sale as soon as it arrives. It looks great.

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If they make a 2 door version my mic top will be up for sale as soon as it arrives. It looks great.
I’m at sand hollow with them right now! If you have anything you’d like me to take pictures of or videos of let me know!

Sponsored

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m at sand hollow with them right now! If you have anything you’d like me to take pictures of or videos of let me know!
I would like to see a view from above. Not from a drone, just to see the top of it more.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some close-up pics of the roof panels and their seals.

The gull windows and how they seal as well as the locking mechanism from inside. They've shown pics of how they function from the outside only, but I'm interested in how robust they are.

A closer look of the molle panels mounted to gull windows externally. From the pics, they seemed mount right on top with no spacer.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's good to see more options coming to market. Still loving my Turn Offroad top more and more. At the end of the day, there's so much demand that it will take multiple venders to meet that demand. Different materials, styles and manufacturers gives everyone different looks on their Broncos. I say the video of Tyler rolling his Bronco and this top held up well.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's good to see more options coming to market. Still loving my Turn Offroad top more and more. At the end of the day, there's so much demand that it will take multiple venders to meet that demand. Different materials, styles and manufacturers gives everyone different looks on their Broncos. I say the video of Tyler rolling his Bronco and this top held up well.
Agreed. I'm waiting to see Armadillo's square back offering as well as how TOR addresses the 1 piece targa storage, which is a big issue for me. For TOR, taking up those back seats to store the targa, with a family of 4, would really impact removal on a trip or just popping off on a whim. With Armadillo, I like the look of the slant okay, but you seem to lose a good chunk of potential cargo space... From the renderings, the square back should have a similar slant to TOR and ADV.

What has me leaning towards Armadillo is it's aluminum and semi-permanent, just remove the panels/windows for open air. I won't have to worry about storing the bulky hardtop in the garage, just the panels/windows as needed. However, once you add the bells and whistles, Armadillo gets pricey @ roughly +2k over TOR, unless you get it completely bare... However, they're only 3 hours from me so I could save on shipping.
Sponsored

Last edited: