Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested, do you have a rough idea on the price point? If possible, can you take photos from sitting inside looking back to see visibility with traction boards mounted below as well as accessibility to the basket from the rear with the hard top on?
It's still early to tell, but based on the fabrication and powder costs I'm seeing right now, I'm hoping I can get it under $300. That's just for the attic tray. The Traction Board Brackets are a prerequisite to mount the tray.

I haven't priced out packaging or shipping yet, and am a little worried about that based on how large it is. I honestly don't yet know how to package that odd shape as there's not a standard box size that I'm aware of.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its a shame that the two door is short on trunk space... I love this. Great concept
I think someone could execute a similar design though much smaller. Brandon has designed it based on his needs using his Bronco to get the necessary dimensions correct. I think it is a great idea and commend him for making it available to the community. It almost makes me want a Moar Door. Almost.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also modified the Traction Board Bracket by moving the platform forward one inch, which should keep it from rubbing on the rear soft-top window. You still won't be able to retract the soft top all the way, but I don't believe that's going to be a workable solution.
Can you be more specific about "all the way". How far away from "clicking" into fully retracted does it get?

I'm definitely in on the bracket and the tray, and I'll even buy the shorter boards to make it work. Just trying to understand what I'll be giving up re: soft top usage.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think someone could execute a similar design though much smaller. Brandon has designed it based on his needs using his Bronco to get the necessary dimensions correct. I think it is a great idea and commend him for making it available to the community. It almost makes me want a Moar Door. Almost.
Yeah, I've thought about what it would take. Probably more like a roll bar clamp and a vertical placement of the bracket. Sure seems like that would completely block the view out the back window though.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you be more specific about "all the way". How far away from "clicking" into fully retracted does it get?

I'm definitely in on the bracket and the tray, and I'll even buy the shorter boards to make it work. Just trying to understand what I'll be giving up re: soft top usage.
@DropHunter posted some great photos here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...mounts-for-bronco-roll-bar.52489/post-1615041

I'm just a guy with a day job and haven't tested these myself on a soft top. :)

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I've thought about what it would take. Probably more like a roll bar clamp and a vertical placement of the bracket. Sure seems like that would completely block the view out the back window though.
Well, there are nutserts up by the back of the speaker pods. But there is only a single nutsert on each side which would require a clamp for stability. The angle of the rollbar is also "steeper". But with the nutsert up higher than on the 4-dr, it would also place the attic shelf up higher. One wouldn't be able to mount traction boards like the original design intent as the void between the rollbar and the rear of the MIC top isn't wide enough. But since you unveiled your design, it has me wanting to take advantage of the space even if it is minimal. I can see storing my kinetic rope, soft shackles, tool roll, etc. Items that one needs to carry, but hopefully never has to use them. A first aid kit could mount underneath behind the pods as it wouldn't obstruct any of the rear view any more than the pods do themselves.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s the size of the shelf? And any chance you would sell it by itself? Looking for something like that for the rear of my 2-door seat delete setup. Something about 50” long by 14-15” so it could store 2 carry on suitcases.

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2-door interest here should you develop in the future. Nice work on this!

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the size of the shelf? And any chance you would sell it by itself? Looking for something like that for the rear of my 2-door seat delete setup. Something about 50” long by 14-15” so it could store 2 carry on suitcases.
My shelf would definitely be too small for that. It’s about 10.5” deep, and pretty much fits within the width of the roll bar. There’s probably about 4.5” of clearance above the tray. I know there’s a couple of vendors that create more of what you’re looking for as they sit much lower and is a lot larger. Maybe Hammer Built and JCR Offroad? I’m going off memory here

judochop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any idea when you might develop that V2 soft top version?

Sponsored
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea when you might develop that V2 soft top version?
I have a prototype back from fabrication and mounted on my Bronco now. I need to find a local soft-top to test it out.

Would it be acceptable for you to be able to lift the rear of the soft top, but not to be able to fully retract the soft top while the bracket is mounted? I don't think there's any design idea to get past that.

judochop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a prototype back from fabrication and mounted on my Bronco now. I need to find a local soft-top to test it out.

Would it be acceptable for you to be able to lift the rear of the soft top, but not to be able to fully retract the soft top while the bracket is mounted? I don't think there's any design idea to get past that.
I looked back at the pictures of V1 mounted with soft top in the other thread, and I see what you mean. I think that would be tough for me since I lower the top so often. I'd actually be fine with removing the tracks every time I lowered the top, but not the whole setup including the brackets.

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any update on availability?

OP