ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have the reg. Non b&o system, which we all know sucks… I came from a fancy audio vehicle so it’s been quite the downgrade but the trade off has been worth it. That said, I want better sound… I don’t need the fancy amp thing on the tailgate or bumping base traumatize my kids… but I do want more depth and the ability to turn it up without feeling like I’m listening on my boombox from the 80’s.

My bronco is a 21 - can I swap out the standard audio for a newer model b&o and be fine? I found someone selling their b&o system for cheap but don’t know if swapping it out would do the trick… Or should I just upgrade a few speakers and add a kicker somewhere or whatever it’s called? I was quoted a 2k system on the phone but I don’t know that I actually need to spend that. I test drove a 24 the other day and the system was def better than what they put in my 21.

Anyone do just a minimum upgrade and been happy?
Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There’s definitely thing you can do to switch out the sound. As a B&O owner, I would not bother replacing what you have with the OEM B&O set up. It won’t make enough difference for you. We came from an 9 speaker Alpine system in our Jeep Grand Cherokee which was superb for a factory system to the B&O system which cost a heck of a lot more than the Alpine upgrade did in the Jeep!

This is what I did to ours WITH the B&O system to try and make it sound better.

If you do this, you will need to make some changes in Forscan to get the full benefit.

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Start here. You can't swap the BO system in easily. But upgrade your dash, kick panel and roll bar speakers with kickers listed in the video below. They are good speakers but if you want you can purchase better ones. The kickers sound great.

If you have a factory sub you can swap it out with a 4 ohm 6.75 inch kicker. Or by dremeling out the opening you can fit an 8 inch 4 ohm.

If you dont have a sub but have the sub delete then the sub box will be present with a fake sub and fake amp. You can install the sub mentioned above and order the ford fusion amp listed below and it is basically plug and play. If you have the sub deket you will also need to purchase forscan and turn the amp on in the cpu. Instructions are in the videos below. You can also buy a kicker downfire 10 inch sub with buit in amp for more bass if needed @RagnarKon has tons of information on this site fir this. Follow his videos on YouTube. Its honestly pretty easy and can be done for under 1k

https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...ystem-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-fp5t18c808ab/

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would not go B&O - it isn’t better than what you can do aftermarket with the stock system for a lot easier

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have the reg. Non b&o system, which we all know sucks… I came from a fancy audio vehicle so it’s been quite the downgrade but the trade off has been worth it. That said, I want better sound… I don’t need the fancy amp thing on the tailgate or bumping base traumatize my kids… but I do want more depth and the ability to turn it up without feeling like I’m listening on my boombox from the 80’s.

My bronco is a 21 - can I swap out the standard audio for a newer model b&o and be fine? I found someone selling their b&o system for cheap but don’t know if swapping it out would do the trick… Or should I just upgrade a few speakers and add a kicker somewhere or whatever it’s called? I was quoted a 2k system on the phone but I don’t know that I actually need to spend that. I test drove a 24 the other day and the system was def better than what they put in my 21.

Anyone do just a minimum upgrade and been happy?
i have a 2021 bd 4dr 2.7l softy mid pack ...the steroe was horrible
i kept the head unit added co axle alpines in deck and pods alpine mini subs in kickers
mti tail gate sub and box with amp and processor it thumping now with or without top
just change out to good speakers and small amp maybe tailgate sub also

Sponsored

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Start here. You can't swap the BO system in easily. But upgrade your dash, kick panel and roll bar speakers with kickers listed in the video below. They are good speakers but if you want you can purchase better ones. The kickers sound great.
Yes, this. I swapped in Focals and the difference is night and day.

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&O system itself isn't worth the upgrade, it's far easier to upgrade the base/high system if all you want is to have it sound better. Depending on how much space you are willing to trade in the process, the only part of the B&O system worth putting in would be the ACM so that you can get the A2B output and use the mObridge amp as an all-in-one 8 channel amp with DSP built into it. If you're on a budget just skip the B&O mess entirely.
Sponsored