Sponsored

Aux Switches what are they used for an is it worth getting as a BB option??

mzman

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi...I ordered a 2024 BB and have seen that aux switches are optional for $195. I'm hoping to get into some off roading. Nothing too crazy. What are these used for and given my interest in light off roading should I add to my order?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

so its either the switches or the sunglass holder?
Yes, if you don't order the switches you get the pop out glasses holder. For $195 get the switches even if you never use them they'll be better for resale down the road.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi...I ordered a 2024 BB and have seen that aux switches are optional for $195. I'm hoping to get into some off roading. Nothing too crazy. What are these used for and given my interest in light off roading should I add to my order?

Thanks!!
Things you for real use are worth the money. Otherwise not so much.

In the past have you ever installed electronic items in a vehicle and needed switches? Think you legit might in the future? If not find a better use for the $200.

Sponsored

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would get them even if it's a thought you might add accessories. Worth the low price to have all the wires already installed with the switches. It's only $195 so it's not like it breaks the bank to get them.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the cost of the vehicle, the AUX switches are a bargain. They are a PIA to add after and will cost 5x as much. For resale value alone, they are worth the $200 expense.

Since you ordering a Big Bend, I would also recommend that you get the rear locker.

OP
OP

mzman

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the cost of the vehicle, the AUX switches are a bargain. They are a PIA to add after and will cost 5x as much. For resale value alone, they are worth the $200 expense.

Since you ordering a Big Bend, I would also recommend that you get the rear locker.
already got that ordered!!

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote get 'em, even if you don't use them right away, or only use 2-3, its a factory solution to otherwise having whatever cheap-ass switches come with the electronics (and having to find a place for them). They are really nice for accessories which might otherwise create a parasitic power draw and possibly kill a battery, since there are already a ton of electronics in these trucks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mzman

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I vote get 'em, even if you don't use them right away, or only use 2-3, its a factory solution to otherwise having whatever cheap-ass switches come with the electronics (and having to find a place for them). They are really nice for accessories which might otherwise create a parasitic power draw and possibly kill a battery, since there are already a ton of electronics in these trucks.
If I do get them, the truck still comes with reading lights..just not the sunglass holder correct?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep! I just throw mine in the center console, or under the radio. Just ask wifey for an $8 sunglasses clip :cool:

I have driving lights on Aux 6, I just got a compressor, and do plan a winch and GMRS eventually, so I'll use at least 4 of them in the next year or so. Add in a few nights of too many beers and a credit card and I'll end up with a rear light and rock or ditch lights, and boom all 6 switches are being used.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am kind of pissed at whoever ordered the big bend they backed out of and I picked up did not order the switches…setting up aftermarket switches and wiring for driving lights, ditch lights, rear lights, rock lights and roof spots is turning into a giant pita…my glasses darken by themselves so I have no need for the sunglasses holder…

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I added them to my BB too… no use case in sight lol. When my stock tires go bad and I decide whether or not to commit to an off-road build they may get used at that point.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks!!
If you plan to have any powered accessories it makes the switches very useful. I’ve got a front light bar to switch 1, ditch lights to 2, rear spot lights on 3, and my arb compressor under the hood on 5.
Sponsored