Sponsored

Aux Switches what are they used for an is it worth getting as a BB option??

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The switches came in handy when I replaced the stock front bumper with a baja one that areas to wire lights
Sponsored

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the 6th switch as a garage opener

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even if you only install one extra set of lights they are absolutely worth the money. If you do the install yourself they will save you from having to run wires and you won't have to mutilate your dash to mount a switch. If you have someone else install your lights it will probably save you close to the $195 in reduced labor cost since they won't have to do the wiring from scratch. It's worth every penny either way.

Reactions: FFF

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not getting the aux switches is the biggest mistake anyone who intends to do some offroading cam make. Use cases
  1. Front bumper light bar
  2. Ditch lights
  3. Additional backup lights (at minimum you will want to upgrade to bright reverse light LEDs)
  4. Front and/or rear cameras (because you cannot get a front camera on the BB)
  5. Any electrical modification that requires a fuse and a switch up to around 20A

Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is better to have them and not need them for sub$200 bucks than need them and not have them. I have some driving lights on mine

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not getting the aux switches is the biggest mistake anyone who intends to do some offroading cam make. Use cases
  1. Front bumper light bar
  2. Ditch lights
  3. Additional backup lights (at minimum you will want to upgrade to bright reverse light LEDs)
  4. Front and/or rear cameras (because you cannot get a front camera on the BB)
  5. Any electrical modification that requires a fuse and a switch up to around 20A
That's silly. Switches and lights are not needed to off-road. Like plenty of people, I've never had those lights on my 4x4s, and off-roaded just fine.

OP, buy stuff you will use. If you have history of hooking up electrical stuff or legit plan to, then get the switches.

This guy should get the switches, lol:

Ford Bronco Aux Switches what are they used for an is it worth getting as a BB option?? 1699274670299

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's silly. Switches and lights are not needed to off-road. Like plenty of people, I've never had those lights on my 4x4s, and off-roaded just fine.

OP, buy stuff you will use. If you have history of hooking up electrical stuff or legit plan to, then get the switches.

This guy should get the switches, lol:

Ford Bronco Aux Switches what are they used for an is it worth getting as a BB option?? 1699274670299
Omg I didn't see the last sentence you wrote right away and was about to ask you if you off-roaded with that god ugly thing 😂

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Omg I didn't see the last sentence you wrote right away and was about to ask you if you off-roaded with that god ugly thing 😂
ha, yeah that's not my pickup. But must confess, I've always had a thing from back in the day, for sports cars with those glowing underbody lights, not sure if that look is still in style today though.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spent 1600 dollars adding mine after the fact.

Buy them. Resale on it would be well well worth it even if you never use it. That said, a pillar lights are a great add if you ever drive in the dark off road.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really hoping this was going to be a "only wrong answers" kinda thing.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got mine on the BB and have never used them . when you look up on the console all those switches look really cool .
I might yet use them for extra lights on my grille .

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get yourself a case for glasses and stick it above the Visor with Alien tape. There's a big gap there begging for something. I used this one:
Ford Bronco Aux Switches what are they used for an is it worth getting as a BB option?? 1699281589569

The magnetic closure keeps anything from bouncing out.

Guarantee you won't miss the factory Glasses holder.
Sponsored