First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota 4runner Trail
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am trying to figure out how to use the auxiliary switches and am confused by the term non powered circuits, which are labeled B to E in this picture below. Do these circuits run back to the fuse box....it appears that B and C might but how about D and E. My goal is to wire some additional lighting for the interior passenger cabin using D and some cargo lighting using E.

Ford Bronco Auxiliary Switches 1643067333979
Sponsored

PootsBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am trying to figure out how to use the auxiliary switches and am confused by the term non powered circuits, which are labeled B to E in this picture below. Do these circuits run back to the fuse box....it appears that B and C might but how about D and E. My goal is to wire some additional lighting for the interior passenger cabin using D and some cargo lighting using E.

Ford Bronco Auxiliary Switches 1643067333979
E and do run from the back or top of the roof respectively, and end in the glove box, to power them you need to connect one (or both depending on your load) to B which runs from the engine compartment to behind the glove box.

Hope that helps.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that you connect the non-powered to an Aux switch, then that Aux switch will send power to that location.

For example connect C to an Aux switch and that gives you 12v to the grill area.

Or you can connect them to any hot source that you create, this is so you don’t have to run 12v all the way to the rear, the wire is already run, you just give it power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaydizzzzzle

jaydizzzzzle

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota 4runner Trail
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
E and do run from the back or top of the roof respectively, and end in the glove box, to power them you need to connect one (or both depending on your load) to B which runs from the engine compartment to behind the glove box.

Hope that helps.
yes, very helpful, thanks! This means however, that I cannot switch those separately because I have to use B to get power to D and E.

PootsBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yes, very helpful, thanks! This means however, that I cannot switch those separately because I have to use B to get power to D and E.
Correct, to switch those superstructure you would have to run an additional wire from the engine compartment to behind the glove box.

In the main wire grommet that goes through the fire wall this is a spot directly above the main wire loom that is made for auxiliary wires so it wouldn't be too hard just kind of annoying.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So all of the Aux switches terminate in the engine bay by the fuse box. Then Ford has pre-run wires to various parts of the vehicle. These wires are completely unconnected, they're just sitting in the vehicle waiting for you to link them together how you see fit.
  • (1) From the fuse box to the front grille (obviously meant for front pod lights)
  • (2) From the fuse box to the glove box area
  • (1) From the glove box area to the top of windshield (obviously meant for a light bar)
  • (1) From the glove box area to the rear passenger-side quarter panel
So essentially... you connect one of the Aux lines by the fuse box to one of the three unconnected wires also by the fuse box. Then you can link these unconnected wires together to get where you need to go.

For example, pretend you want to hook up a light bar. You'd connect it has follows:

(Aux Switch wire by Fuse box)
-> (Unconnected wire that runs from fuse box to glove box area)
-> (Unconnected wire in glove box that runs to top of windshield)
-> Lights

The biggest issue is all of these unconnected wires are 16 gauge wire. Which can be way too small for for many applications. For example, the wire that runs to the rear passenger-side quarter panel would be perfect for a refrigerator unit. But with 16 gauge wire it is probably a bad idea to run larger travel refrigerators on that wire--too much current draw.
Sponsored

Last edited: