Sponsored

Wiring IAG LED Grille Letter Lights to auxiliary uplifter switches ?

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The wiring was very easy, and I have no experience or expertise with wiring. I just used the online owner's manual to figure it out (and Bluecharm's youtube installation video). I have them wired to Aux 6 (they come with their own fuse).

The hardest part (for me) was mounting the letters to the grille. They are held on by a fastener that looks like you should just be able to press it down on the mounting peg, but the tolerances are a bit off, so it took a lot of effort and time to ensure they were securely mounted.
The wiring part is pretty much done on mine, since I already have Oracle. Hopefully the fasteners won't be such a pain. I definitely prefer Aux switch, over being on whenever my lights are on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wiring part is pretty much done on mine, since I already have Oracle. Hopefully the fasteners won't be such a pain. I definitely prefer Aux switch, over being on whenever my lights are on.
Good luck! I'm happy to try to answer any questions I can when you get into it.

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good luck! I'm happy to try to answer any questions I can when you get into it.
Thanks. I should be good. I just wanted to double-check before cutting off the fuse adapter, and connecting directly to aux wire.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a possibility, but I think it's unpowered, so at least a slightly more difficult install than just using an Aux fuse.
That purple wire at the grill can be connected to one of the 6 hot leads coming from the upfitter switches. You'll have to look, but the other end is near where those are all tied together. I went ahead and ran my hot and ground all the way to these leads, since there was a handy ground screw right there. I also suggest getting a quick connect (like below) so that you can remove the grill when necessary. Just make sure your connections are all solid; one of mine came loose, shorted and I had to replace the fuse.

Ford Bronco Wiring IAG LED Grille Letter Lights to  auxiliary uplifter switches ? 1682430018364

OP
OP

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I should be good. I just wanted to double-check before cutting off the fuse adapter, and connecting directly to aux wire.
To be honest, it's been a minute since I did the wiring, so I don't remember precisely how I did it. I'd watch that youtube video before cutting any wires.

OP
OP

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That purple wire at the grill can be connected to one of the 6 hot leads coming from the upfitter switches. You'll have to look, but the other end is near where those are all tied together. I went ahead and ran my hot and ground all the way to these leads, since there was a handy ground screw right there. I also suggest getting a quick connect (like below) so that you can remove the grill when necessary. Just make sure your connections are all solid; one of mine came loose, shorted and I had to replace the fuse.

Ford Bronco Wiring IAG LED Grille Letter Lights to  auxiliary uplifter switches ? 1682430018364
A quick connect is a very good suggestion. I already need to remove (and then re-attach) my grille because I cracked it trying to install it, and I forgot to paint the camera housing black.
Sponsored