Sponsored

Wiring IAG LED Grille Letter Lights to auxiliary uplifter switches ?

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all,

I recently purchased the IAG LED grille letter lights (which appear to be the same as the BlueCharm lights available on Amazon). These come ready to be plugged into the fuse box so that they are always on when the ignition is on. I would prefer to wire them to one of the auxiliary uplifter switches so that I can choose when they come on. Does anyone know how to do so?

I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks,

-thewodg
Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see the instructions online. Looking at the images, it looks like they use an "Add a Fuse" tap. If that is the case, instead of putting the tap in one of the ignition related spots, you can put it on one of the Aux light fuses.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all,

I recently purchased the IAG LED grille letter lights (which appear to be the same as the BlueCharm lights available on Amazon). These come ready to be plugged into the fuse box so that they are always on when the ignition is on. I would prefer to wire them to one of the auxiliary uplifter switches so that I can choose when they come on. Does anyone know how to do so?

I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks,

-thewodg
Aux Switches will only work when ignition or accessory mode is on.
Just put the provided Fuse tap in one of the following fuse locations and also attach the ground and you're all set:

Aux Switch Fuse #s 60 through 65.

Fuse #60 Switch 1 (30 Amp)
Fuse #61 Switch 2 (15 Amp)
Fuse #62 Switch 3 (10 Amp)
Fuse #63 Switch 4 (10 Amp)
Fuse #64 Switch 5 (10 Amp)
Fuse #65 Switch 6 (10 Amp)

I'd use Switches 3-6 as 1 -2 are for any higher draw items you may want to add on later on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aux Switches will only work when ignition or accessory mode is on.
Just put the provided Fuse tap in one of the following fuse locations and also attach the ground and you're all set:

Aux Switch Fuse #s 60 through 65.

Fuse #60 Switch 1 (30 Amp)
Fuse #61 Switch 2 (15 Amp)
Fuse #62 Switch 3 (10 Amp)
Fuse #63 Switch 4 (10 Amp)
Fuse #64 Switch 5 (10 Amp)
Fuse #65 Switch 6 (10 Amp)

I'd use Switches 3-6 as 1 -2 are for any higher draw items you may want to add on later on.
Thanks, this is very helpful.

OP
OP

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's an aux wire right at the grille. Why not use that?
It's a possibility, but I think it's unpowered, so at least a slightly more difficult install than just using an Aux fuse.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a possibility, but I think it's unpowered, so at least a slightly more difficult install than just using an Aux fuse.
You think a couple LED lights is too much? Going to have to ask you to show your math on that one. :p

Sponsored

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi all,

I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks,

-thewodg
How did it go? I currently have the Oracle, and have them wired to Aux5. I am going to replace with the IAG, and wire the exact same way. I, like you, want them on only when I WANT them on.

OP
OP

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did it go? I currently have the Oracle, and have them wired to Aux5. I am going to replace with the IAG, and wire the exact same way. I, like you, want them on only when I WANT them on.
The wiring was very easy, and I have no experience or expertise with wiring. I just used the online owner's manual to figure it out (and Bluecharm's youtube installation video). I have them wired to Aux 6 (they come with their own fuse).

The hardest part (for me) was mounting the letters to the grille. They are held on by a fastener that looks like you should just be able to press it down on the mounting peg, but the tolerances are a bit off, so it took a lot of effort and time to ensure they were securely mounted.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who's been waiting to pull the trigger on oracle lights until I get a few other things done, why are you interested in switching to IAG?

OP
OP

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who's been waiting to pull the trigger on oracle lights until I get a few other things done, why are you interested in switching to IAG?
Answering for myself only, I went with IAG instead of Oracle because I wanted fully illuminated letters rather than backlit letters.

Edit: I believe IAG may also have been cheaper.

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the black Oracle letters. They are not as visible during the day, there is more white visible with the IAG, so easier to see during the day. Oracle photo shows light back into the grille, the IAG does not. I borrowed the IAG photo from someone on a Bronco page.

64170.jpeg

Screenshot_20230413_144850_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored