First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fellas, I have a 2022 Black Diamond, I added three small grill lights, nothing too fancy, but would like to connect the power to the Aux switch, but struggling to find the location to connect to. Prefer not to connect the aftermarket adapter directly to the external fuse box. Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Brad
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The six Aux switches inside the cabin connect to six relays near the battery junction box. Those relays control power to the 6 Aux circuits.

The circuits themselves are sitting with heat-shrink around the end of the cables near the fuse box. There is also five completely disconnected wires spread throughout the Bronco:
  • (1) Fuse box to front grille
  • (2) Fuse box to passenger kick panel
  • (1) Passenger kick panel to top of windshield
  • (1) Passenger kick panel to rear cargo area

Details regarding the Aux circuits (including cable colors) are in the user manual.

---

SO... if you want to connect your grille lights to an Aux switch, you need to connect the Aux circuit cable of your choosing to the pre-run cable that runs from the fuse box to the grille. Then you connect the grille lights you bought to that (now-connected) pre-run cable.

Hopefully that made sense? If not, ask away.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From our instructions that come with our fog kits:

Ford Bronco How To Locate The Auxiliary Switches 1672512382518

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the screen in your truck

59DEBA9C-3B94-4AB0-ADD8-4B87A2265BCD.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bing

Bing

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The six Aux switches inside the cabin connect to six relays near the battery junction box. Those relays control power to the 6 Aux circuits.

The circuits themselves are sitting with heat-shrink around the end of the cables near the fuse box. There is also five completely disconnected wires spread throughout the Bronco:
  • (1) Fuse box to front grille
  • (2) Fuse box to passenger kick panel
  • (1) Passenger kick panel to top of windshield
  • (1) Passenger kick panel to rear cargo area

Details regarding the Aux circuits (including cable colors) are in the user manual.

---

SO... if you want to connect your grille lights to an Aux switch, you need to connect the Aux circuit cable of your choosing to the pre-run cable that runs from the fuse box to the grille. Then you connect the grille lights you bought to that (now-connected) pre-run cable.

Hopefully that made sense? If not, ask away.
Thanks so much!!

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks so much!!
Connecting the ones below the glove box are a true pain in the neck. My connecting wires seemed way shorter than videos online. I was all contorted upside down for about 20 min wrestling with them. Not sure why Ford just doesn't have connected from factory, I guess the Amp differences but you can use @specialtyperformanceparts adapters for quick change in the engine bay.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Connecting the ones below the glove box are a true pain in the neck.....
Yes, they are. I do not know what an extra 3" would have done to kill ford's budget. By trade I'm an electrician and still find it a complete PITA even with the right tools. Seems to be common across all Ford vehicles with the pass through wires added.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Connecting the ones below the glove box are a true pain in the neck. My connecting wires seemed way shorter than videos online. I was all contorted upside down for about 20 min wrestling with them. Not sure why Ford just doesn't have connected from factory, I guess the Amp differences but you can use @specialtyperformanceparts adapters for quick change in the engine bay.
Yeah, the whole time I was thinking if it would have bankrupted Ford to put two more inches on those wires.
Sponsored