• Black
  • Slightly different black
  • Light gray
  • Dark gray
  • Blueish dark gray
  • Lighter blueish dark gray
  • White
  • Off white

I knew they hadn't invited us Plebes to their fancy black-tie wine and cheese events to roll out all the exciting Bronco news release event.

Thanks, colors and materials team, you've schlepped the color pallet from a minivan onto your "lifestyle brand" new vehicle. It's a bold strategy!

Mark my words, MY24 is going to have multiple white paint options like the MY21 F150 color pallet which offered THREE different white paints.
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A51 was my original color pick but that was before I saw it in person. Horrible. It was too dull or flat. And unless you keep it clean, dirt/dust make it look even worse. If you want a matte finish then wrap your truck or Line-X it or something. I hope to see Azure in person to see if it was the A51 that I had hoped for...not that I want to pay an extra $1000 but when do I ever get what I want when it comes to the Bronco. My current choice is Cactus Gray. And yes, you might find it boring AF but some of us do not have the personality that would lead us to drive a car that looks like a sour patch kid. Further, those rails/steps are horrible. I guess it will allow me to give an old person a ride in my truck. :rolleyes:

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I think color for a lifestyle vehicle…this is not the color that comes to mind.

This is more like the color that would be picked if all Ford product lines had to agree on a color.

RestAssured

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat—>Honda Odyssey—>???
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When Ford forced me to only choose between:

• Black
  • Slightly different black
  • Light gray
  • Dark gray
  • Blueish dark gray
  • Lighter blueish dark gray
  • White
  • Off white

I knew they hadn't invited us Plebes to their fancy black-tie wine and cheese events to roll out all the exciting Bronco news release event.

Thanks, colors and materials team, you've schlepped the color pallet from a minivan onto your "lifestyle brand" new vehicle. It's a bold strategy!

Mark my words, MY24 is going to have multiple white paint options like the MY21 F150 color pallet which offered THREE different white paints.
I just logged in to comment that AG looks like Minivan Gray to me. So disappointing. Seems like Ford is trying to get us to drop our orders.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of this color. The color selection committee seems to be full of fleet and corporate sycophants. Lifestyle colors would be most appreciated, not 50+ greys that tint blue.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One feature that your photograph didn't intend to reveal is that there appears to be a change to the rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop step. The hoop step was first introduced on the Everglades for MY'22. It will now be an option on other trims for MY'23.
That looks exactly like the hoop steps and non-load-bearing rails that I have on my '22 Outer Banks. It was added as an option earlier this year instead of the standard tube step.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 1663686334094

Last edited:

Sponsored

Badlands77

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 100% computer stupid. I can barely make this post. Can someone with more skills than me drop the middle (side view) pic above next to area 51 in similar light in a side-by-side. I would love to do it myself... but... I'm comstupidated.
Here’s another comparison. I think Area 51 is one of those colors that looks so different depending on the light. Looks to me like azure is a metallic vs of Area 51 - more reflective and less creamy. Step back in my opinion, glad I got in on Cyber Orange before it’s gone.

34406463-141D-4E49-AD81-28A69FF52B7E.jpeg

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like Ford is trying to give us every color around Brittany Blue instead of just doing Brittany Blue. Don't even real care that they do it now, over it.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the photos as these are the first of Azure Gray on a Bronco. Seeing the color on a Bronco and how it plays with the body lines provides more insight then seeing it photographed on other vehicles.

One feature that your photograph didn't intend to reveal is that there appears to be a change to the rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop step. The hoop step was first introduced on the Everglades for MY'22. It will now be an option on other trims for MY'23. But the rock rail looks different than the rock rail for MY'21 and MY'22 (excluding the Everglades). I wonder if the OG rail design is standard (Black Diamond and Badlands) and only if the optional hoop step is selected that the new rail design is included?

Closeup of the rock rails:

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 34406463-141D-4E49-AD81-28A69FF52B7E
The pinch welds seems to be covered too

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here’s another comparison. I think Area 51 is one of those colors that looks so different depending on the light. Looks to me like azure is a metallic vs of Area 51 - more reflective and less creamy. Step back in my opinion, glad I got in on Cyber Orange before it’s gone.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 34406463-141D-4E49-AD81-28A69FF52B7E
Unfortunately it will be impossible to compare these unless they are photographed together in 1 photo in the same lighting conditions. Cameras, sun, shade - each have to much impact to make accurate comparisons separately.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Actually, on the Bronco, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but then again I like Area 51. My problem with Area 51 is that it's not metallic and lighter than I want (Antimatter blue please) I agree the color pallet sucks,but I'll get back to that.

I've come to the conclusion Ford is not allocating many Broncos to NJ, at least this is my theory based on how few I see compared to what I've seen posted here and other internet sites from other parts of the country.
Maybe Ford is stacking the deck to get Broncos in more off road friendly locations for marketing reasons. At least that's my working theory. I'm just not seeing that many in real life.

So what does that have to do with color options? Everything.
We love dark colors in NJ, but a lot of warm weather states don't tend to go for dark colored vehicles, and it just so happens those are the same states where there is more off roading and where it seems more Broncos are ending up. Which might be why Ford is making a bunch of very light bland colors. Ugg.

Oh and as a preemptive statement, 'maybe there is less demand in NJ'; the ratio of cars to Wranglers is insane, you'll pass no less than a half dozen Jeeps just going a couple of miles down the road, they are everywhere around here, so it's not for lack of demand.
Sponsored