Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My AGM Base has a build date of 4/10 and I’ve never seen the color in person, until today.

Came back to Northern Wisconsin because my Mom had surgery. Local Ford dealer had a pickup in AGM parked next to another pickup in Area 51.

I had been getting nervous about all the online chatter about how the colors are the same and $995 is a ripoff.

But seeing them side by side, there is no comparison. Just from the road at 45mph I could tell which was which. AGM looks soooooo much better.

Left AGM, right A51
Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club E3E4D296-B97A-480B-9D7C-06113E3ED48C
Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club F732EF9C-DECE-41EC-A2DF-3F7EF938F42F

I guess I would say AGM is a “classic “ color, whereas A51 is a “trendy” color. A51 just looked cheap compared to AGM.

I am now satisfied that I chose AGM.
Sponsored

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My AGM Base has a build date of 4/10 and I’ve never seen the color in person, until today.

Came back to Northern Wisconsin because my Mom had surgery. Local Ford dealer had a pickup in AGM parked next to another pickup in Area 51.

I had been getting nervous about all the online chatter about how the colors are the same and $995 is a ripoff.

But seeing them side by side, there is no comparison. Just from the road at 45mph I could tell which was which. AGM looks soooooo much better.

Left AGM, right A51
Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club F732EF9C-DECE-41EC-A2DF-3F7EF938F42F

I guess I would say AGM is a “classic “ color, whereas A51 is a “trendy” color. A51 just looked cheap compared to AGM.

I am now satisfied that I chose AGM.
Well summarized and agreed!

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update on a gloomy day: did not stop so no pics, but…

What a difference. I drove by at 45 mph, both pickups still parked side by side. 8:30am on a gloomy, overcast day.

A51 was a weird purpley color, whereas AGM looked the same as yesterday.

Anyone who says these colors are the same is wrong. Under some lighting conditions they may be similar, but today with the gloomy conditions they did not look similar at all.

IMHO I am glad I am spending the extra money, it’s worth it to me.

ilostmydrink

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took delivery of mine this week. It's the closest to the Brittany Blue that we'll see in the near future. Definitely a chameleon in every light.

In the attached pictures I set the focus on something that was black. I will say the interior color combo with this color does feel as boring as khaki pants, brown belt, and a blue button up shirt. Works for me since flashy isn't my style but can see where people wouldn't like the combo.

Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club IMG_3891
Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club IMG_3890
Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club IMG_3889
Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club IMG_3887
Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club IMG_3879
Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club IMG_3882

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took delivery of mine this week. It's the closest to the Brittany Blue that we'll see in the near future. Definitely a chameleon in every light.

In the attached pictures I set the focus on something that was black. I will say the interior color combo with this color does feel as boring as khaki pants, brown belt, and a blue button up shirt. Works for me since flashy isn't my style but can see where people wouldn't like the combo.

I think you got my order by mistake. Looks spot on to my order.

Toolmantim

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How do like the slideout tailgate?

ilostmydrink

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do like the slideout tailgate?
I really like it and will use it a lot. Just yesterday a friend and I drove around a bit, found a stream to sit by, pulled the tailgate out and sipped a beverage. The strength of the tailgate is there. It's a solid replacement for a truck's tailgate.

My plan is to sleep in the vehicle a good bit when it doesn't make sense to set up a tent and the mostly level floorboard is a huge benefit. I say mostly level because with the seats folded down there's a bit of an incline.

I've only put 500 miles on the vehicle so a rattle may develop but so far it is quiet.

It may be prudent to find a chock or stopper for the swing gate when using the slide out tailgate. Haven't figured out what gust of wind would move the swing gate but I'm sure it will happen if some protection isn't developed.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I really like it and will use it a lot. Just yesterday a friend and I drove around a bit, found a stream to sit by, pulled the tailgate out and sipped a beverage. The strength of the tailgate is there. It's a solid replacement for a truck's tailgate.

My plan is to sleep in the vehicle a good bit when it doesn't make sense to set up a tent and the mostly level floorboard is a huge benefit. I say mostly level because with the seats folded down there's a bit of an incline.

I've only put 500 miles on the vehicle so a rattle may develop but so far it is quiet.

It may be prudent to find a chock or stopper for the swing gate when using the slide out tailgate. Haven't figured out what gust of wind would move the swing gate but I'm sure it will happen if some protection isn't developed.
On my FJ there's actually a strut lock for the tailgate door so it doesn't swing back against you. Does the Bronco not have anything like that?

ilostmydrink

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my FJ there's actually a strut lock for the tailgate door so it doesn't swing back against you. Does the Bronco not have anything like that?
Not on mine. The gas cylinder/damper is very responsive to fast changes but I think that constant wind against it would move it.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

ilostmydrink

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for the recommendation!
Just read thru the install/directions, I don't think it's an actual strut lock, looks like it only limits how far the door opens, limits it to 105°. I would have thought for safety sakes a strut lock would be a requirement.

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Been tracking my AGM Everglades since it shipped on 2/14 and it made it to Mira Loma, Cali and off the train today. Now just trucking to dealership.
Sponsored