gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the old days when someone got a new car jokers would add gas to tank every night ,owner would tell everyone how great the mileage was .
Then next few weeks take some out and let owner try to figure it out.
Maybe vandalism or jealousy is at play here
haha, adding gas is hilarious
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco B Pillar plastic issue 1637244066497

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

62672322.jpg

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work at a dealer as a tech and I have seen this many times. The sun is reflecting off a window or another surface and melting your trim. 100%
Yeah, agreed on this. Especially with the angle that it has. I had the same thing on one of my cars and a stripe on my grass due to my neighborā€™s side window. It catches the sun for only about 10 mins, but that 10 mins has two spots on my property like an ant under a 12 year oldā€™s magnifying glass. At some point during the day, something is reflecting sunlight onto your vehicle.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I work at a dealer as a tech and I have seen this many times. The sun is reflecting off a window or another surface and melting your trim. 100%
Ford Bronco B Pillar plastic issue 1637245227656

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought vandalism as well or someone trying to break in by using a heat gun to make space behind the glass. Doesnā€™t make sense with a soft top they could cut. All signs lead to chemical. With the amount of cameras in my neighborhood, I highly doubt itā€™s vandalism.
I was thinking of something like one of those little pocket torches some folks use for lighting up...stuff. I've seen those glossy black panes on Lincolns and other Fords oxidize but never anything like this that hasn't been involved in a fire. Crazy.

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have patch grass the dies every year on my front lawn. Played with the sprinklers, seeded, weeded. no difference. Grass always grew nicely in spring, weird triangular dead patch by fall. Two years in I discovered that at a specific time of the day, certain months of the year, the sun is focused by the front, second story window and sweeps a death ray on part of the lawn.

Try parking the Bronco in a different location for a couple of days and see if the situation gets worse.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was just going to say check your window reflections at home or work. I remember an old co worker had something like this from the front windows of his house. He started checking it every hour or so if I recall and figured it out. Like a magnifying glass...

Sponsored
OP
OP
gronsay

gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was just going to say check your window reflections at home or work. I remember an old co worker had something like this from the front windows of his house. He started checking it every hour or so if I recall and figured it out. Like a magnifying glass...
Itā€™s parked in the same exact place as I parked my base F-150 and Yukon for years and never had this issue. I highly doubt itā€™s a reflection of magnified light. Iā€™ll try a different spot to rule it out.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5 days after Iā€™ve had my Bronco, I go outside to get in the vehicle and notice a deformity on the exterior of the B pillar. It looks like something is melting it from the inside, but the dealer took it apart and everything looked normal. They also noticed itā€™s happening at the C pillar.

The next day, the issue got worse.

Then the following day it started to spread in a different area. Of the B pillar. The weather has been high 50ā€™s during the day and high 30ā€™s at night, so not that drastic.
Legitimate question: Do you park near a building with curved glass windows? There have been cases where the sun can reflect and be so focused that it could deform plastic.

Last edited:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s parked in the same exact place as I parked my base F-150 and Yukon for years and never had this issue. I highly doubt itā€™s a reflection of magnified light. Iā€™ll try a different spot to rule it out.
But neither of those have a plastic B-pillar.

OP
OP
gronsay

gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Legitimate question: Do you park near a building with curved glass windows? There have been cases where the sun can reflect and be so focused that it could deform plastic.

Iā€™ve seen that happen before but I park it at my house at the end of the driveway at basement level somewhat far from my dirty windows. My backyard leads to a county park full of trees. I havenā€™t been driving during the day since this started.