First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco "21"Badlands 4dr 2.7,"23"2Dr Man,Tesla, Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Bronco Badlands 21 that's B Pillar is warping. Looks like it has small tennis balls behind the pillar. Has anyone had this happen on their Bronco and if so what was the fix at the dealership? Was it just bad plastic or something behind the pillar?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you post a photo? I'm having a hard time imagining it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a Bronco Badlands 21 that's B Pillar is warping. Looks like it has small tennis balls behind the pillar. Has anyone had this happen on their Bronco and if so what was the fix at the dealership? Was it just bad plastic or something behind the pillar?
Hi there. This warping concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
Skidog

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where ever you see the discolorations is where it is warped.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bet, bright Sun reflecting from a window super heated and warped it like a magnifying glass.
Yup. Haven't seen the issue with MY'22 Broncos, but there were other MY'21 Broncos that had the B-pillar trim piece melted. Might have been a bad batch of trim pieces.

OP
OP
Skidog

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. Haven't seen the issue with MY'22 Broncos, but there were other MY'21 Broncos that had the B-pillar trim piece melted. Might have been a bad batch of trim pieces.
Maybe on both accounts. Either way seams like a bad batch.. The pillar should note melt! TY!

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a window in my house that does this. Took forever and two vehicles to figure out. It melted a couple mirrors. I’m not quite sure how to fix it other than pay to have a second story window replaced. It looks like a heat related warp.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe on both accounts. Either way seams like a bad batch.. The pillar should note melt! TY!
I've measured the temp of the reflection from my neighbor's windows on our garage door. Gets to over 500 degrees on our metal door. Melted the grill on my 4Runner, the rear hatch on my wife's Grand Cherokee. We definitely can't leave our garage door open at certain times of the year due to the death ray from their windows.

Insurance company said it's a homeowner's claim and they would go after the neighbor's homeowners to cover.

OP
OP
Skidog

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've measured the temp of the reflection from my neighbor's windows on our garage door. Gets to over 500 degrees on our metal door. Melted the grill on my 4Runner, the rear hatch on my wife's Grand Cherokee. We definitely can't leave our garage door open at certain times of the year due to the death ray from their windows.

Insurance company said it's a homeowner's claim and they would go after the neighbor's homeowners to cover.
Wow! Im hoping Ford will take care of this???
Sponsored