ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No but the stuck transmission valves certainly were.
i bet the transmission fluid was much dirtier than in a brand new car... how many miles were on it when parked? and was the 40k mile transmission fiter change and service done?
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i bet the transmission fluid was much dirtier than in a brand new car... how many miles were on it when parked? and was the 40k mile transmission fiter change and service done?
Somewhere just north of 200k. :D It's at 232k now. I would assume that the last time it was serviced was around 100k miles, but it may have never been serviced.

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As a point of reference, VW still has tens of thousands of diesel-gate cars that are slowly going to auction. Some of these cars will have sat for 2 years.
My 2001 VW was sitting since May 2019, had my dad go check on her last month and she cranked right on up and drove like a champ!

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Somewhere just north of 200k. :D It's at 232k now. I would assume that the last time it was serviced was around 100k miles, but it may have never been serviced.
so the idea there may be a higher possibility of broken down trans fluid and dirt may have been a factor more than a new vehicle with less than 50 or so miles?

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, knowing what the sun does to my boat parked in the slip, I'd be worried about fading of the interior as the Sun will be beating on it in the same direction for months.

I notice cleaning my boat how different the left side is to the right.

Rodents will also be looking for homes soon as well. The paint will also take abuse.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lot rot is the new dumbest thing I have heard on this forum. Lmao.
It would probably sound less stupid if you knew what it was.
You may be cool with flat spots on your new tires and pitted rusted brake rotors. Not me.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What Im concerned about is if it is indead a bad top has there been rain water leaking in and rotting in the upholstry.
Agreed. I’m in Florida where it rains buckets. Leaking MIC top would be a disaster. You’d have mold issues in no time.

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any veterans or active duty want to chime in about your nice new vehicles sitting for years potentially?
Back when I was in Navy (Desert Shield/Desert Storm), I was deployed for an extended timeframe. My car sat outside the whole time. Northwest Washington. Lots of rain. Zero issues.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back when I was in Navy (Desert Shield/Desert Storm), I was deployed for an extended timeframe. My car sat outside the whole time. Northwest Washington. Lots of rain. Zero issues.
But did your car leak water inside to to a bad top? Without the doors being opened and aired out after a rain, it will mold inside. I’ve done warranty work on trucks for that exact reason.. leaking cabs on trucks that were sitting outside for a few months.. we had to replace the majority of the interior and sanitize and reseal everything. Thank you for your service by the way!

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What Im concerned about is if it is indead a bad top has there been rain water leaking in and rotting in the upholstry.
That’s my biggest concern as well. Outer banks interior trim isn’t sounding so good with a leaky roof
Sponsored