Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wondering the same thing. I’ve heard the term before but don’t know exactly what it is. It’s got me concerned.

I know people fire up their cars that are stored from time to time and take them around the block to “keep it running smoothly”, but that’s about it.
I wouldn't worry about it. That 2005 was 15 years old whe we sold it, it never lived in a garage and spent its last 3 years in a barn. This is in north Texas where we have all sorts of weather and critters that like to chew. I replaced the battery and started it right up so that someone could come drive it away. We have a lot more to worry about if things go bad because these sat on a lot for 2 months.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't lot rot refer more to the money side of it? An asset that sits and doesn't make money?

As long as rabbits don't start chewing on the soy based wiring (like they did on our fusion which cost over $2k to fix), then i think it will be ok. I really just want it under my care instead of just hanging out.
I deal with the mice eating wiring insulation at work. The white wires taste the best.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know people fire up their cars that are stored from time to time and take them around the block to “keep it running smoothly”, but that’s about it.
This I've heard of and have seen a few articles reminding people that were not driving because of the pandemic to check fluids and tire pressure and to drive them. With electronics running in the background, the battery will go dead at some point. I don't drive a lot and used to get Fordpass messages on my previous vehicle that my vehicle was going into sleep mode to save the battery and suggested driving it.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's almost like some people are new to this cars. We have had almost too long on this forum without our Broncos and some members are starting to talk to basketballs.

Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's almost like some people are new to this cars. We have had almost too long on this forum without our Broncos and some members are starting to talk to basketballs.
You may have a point there...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the factory has not been operating long enough for lot rot.... some vehicles sit on a dealer lot for months to a year in some cases, and they are just fine... stoke the paranoia...

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
the factory has not been operating long enough for lot rot.... some vehicles sit on a dealer lot for months to a year in some cases, and they are just fine... stoke the paranoia...
Well, my wife's F-150 sat on the dealers lot long enough it needed a new battery. But every single F-150 they had facing south needed to be jump started for a test drive. AZ is murder on batteries though.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
There needs to be an app/setting on the fob that isolates the battery/shuts off the electronic bullshit that runs when it's shut off. My 10 year old Sierra with no OnStar is still starting off of the factory battery. But then again, an app/setting on the fob would require require the electronic bullshit to run. Anyone still know how to operate a 7/16 wrench???

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read an article about cars that are getting sales that haven't seen a sale in a few years. Apparently a few dealers are sitting on unsold stock of Dodge Darts. Dodge reported sales of some brand new 2016 Darts at the beginning of this year. There were a few other models that have been discontinued for a few years that are still reporting sales. I wouldn't worry.
Sponsored