Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got a question that I don't think any one has asked

Why the Hell does the Bad Lands have Baja Mode instead of sport mode. Being the Badlands is supposedly the rock crawling model I would think sport mode for the street would be more beneficial than the Baja Mode.

While I would love Baja mode, I think sport mode is more important, If Ford would remove the Baja Mode, and replace it with sport mode a 33 inch Badlands would be the Bronco for me

So all of you wanting a BadLands would you trade sport for baja mode
I’d like to trade rock crawl for sport, won’t be crawling, but I want both sport and Baja.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it and like I said I am down at the moment for the badlands but at a quick glance, it does kind of look like women's reproductive organs. :rolleyes:
Well..it is called a trim badge. ?

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sport makes the trans, and throttle a little more aggressive, holds each gear a few more mph before shifting to the next gear, raises shift points a little, downshifts a little quicker, and throttle a little more sensitive,

From what I understand about baja, it is like sport mode on steroids, really holds the gear close to redline before shifting, is more for high speed desert running. For me I would give Baja up, for a more friendly street sport mode.

I can't stand normal in any Ford, especially with the ten speed, it really is more of a economical mode, more for millage than performance. In normal mode you will be in tenth gear by 40-45 mph, in sport it will keep you out of the overdrive gears longer. In sport it will at least try to keep you in the power band, instead of a gear that is more for fuel economy
I'm liking the sound of sport mode on steroids. Honestly, I wonder if we will notice any difference between the two.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swaybar disconnect as well I think. The Squatch package *might* be cheaper on the badlands relatively to the other trim levels since the badlands has a lot of the stuff already included.
I agree. The Sasquatch package should be less for the Badlands. I hope we're right.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda. I drive a vehicle with no infotainment screen. My wife has one in her Fusion - and I'm sure you can adjust the brightness but in the morning, it gives me a headache when we ride together. Being somewhere between 5-8", I can't imagine looking at a 12" screen.

The "High Package" intrigues me due to the 360 degree camera.

The Lux is pretty much the stereo and I'm boring as hell - I could not care less about having great music. I often drive listening to people talking or silence (well the rumble of my V8, technically).

If the 360 camera doesn't really seem useful, I will likely go with the mid - and there is a chance I go to a Black Diamond and option up from there if it saves me serious money.

But right now, 2-door Badlands is what I have plunked 100 towards.
On my 2018 Ford Explorer there's brightness up and down buttons on the dash panel left of steering wheel. The lowest brightness setting is damn near zero backlight and not bothersome in the slightest. Much smaller than 12 inches though if course.

Ocarwolf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an OBX mallcrawler on order but will probably change to the Badlands. It simply looks way better.

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BADLANDS ALL THE WAY!!

First, I would like to thanks everyone very much for your input and recommendations in regards to your selections and things to look for. I FINALLY HAVE DECIDED THAT I WILL GO WITH THE BADLANDS. FOR REAL THIS TIME. LOL

Here is why:
1. Number one reason I am getting a Bronco to begin with is ”OPEN AIR” Living in Miami, FL it rains all the time. The standard seats on the Badlands work perfectly.
2. Wheels. Even though I do not need the bigger tires and really like the standard tires on the Badlands.
3. After talking to my friends, I do plan to take this out off-reading more then expected.
4. I realized that 12 inch, High Package is not really important to me.

However, I do plan to upgrade to 2.7 L / Auto.

When all is said and done, I still will be below $50,000 for a great Bronco!!

Below is my thinking when a started. Thanks for opening my eyes!! I do not plan to wear a dress and go to soccer games anytime soon!!

Sponsored

DCarter001

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gearing and tire size questions. BL with the 2.3 and MT has a 4.7 ratio. I know there’s a lot of supposition but how well would that combination start and roll 37’s? What is the life expectancy of the MT/clutch with that size tire? This is not going to be a daily driver but will be used for occasional long highway trips. It will spend more time on beaches and sandbars than it will on rocks.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the consensus for what the Lux will will run us?

My current plan is 4 door BL, 2.7/10spd, Lux package, hardtop, 4.7 (if I can get a la carte).

My wife’s Ascent has adaptive cruise and it is a game changer for any real length of time spent on a highway or freeway. Lux appears to be only way to get a BL with adaptive cruise. Everything else in that package isn’t worth it for me.

I’d be ecstatic if I can get out of the dealer for $55k.
I'm with ya on the Badlands + packages that you've selected... I guess I was thinking that I could get out of there at about $52k.

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating, and maybe you guys can shed some light on the badlands advantages.
My wife is adamant about drain plug floors and marine interior, so we can clean it out easily. That means Badlands or Black Diamond. My priorities are Sasquatch, Mid package, body color hard top, and sound deadening hard top liner. I'm interested in the High package, but it's not a huge priority.

I'm not a huge rock crawler, but I will do off road trails, mud, dunes, and baja style driving. I am not sure if the sway bar disconnect is absolutely critical, or if I'd be fine without it.
Does the badlands offer something that I'm going to be really sorry I'm missing? Help me out here. :) (Yeah, I could just wait, but we have time, and maybe you guys have some insight.)

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to be able to do both. I think I would mostly do higher speed sand and whoops. But I like the idea of being able to disconnect the sway bar on a trail. I also like that the badlands has the most suspension travel.

Do you think there would be something inherently wrong in getting the badlands for higher speed stuff or are you just saying don’t waste the money if you won’t ever use it to crawl.
There is NEVER anything wrong with getting what you want. If you can afford the Bronco Badlands get it... that's the one that I am ordering!
Sponsored