HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting since I have MT Badlands and find the throttle to be MUCH more responsive and sharper steering feedback in sport mode. I wish I could default the Bronco to sport mode instead of having to confirm I want to return to it, which I seem miss hit OK 50% of the time!
Sponsored

Last edited:

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No active suspension like the Raptor....Think you have a few choices-use Baja, go the forscan route and add sport or get the Ford tune. I am going to add the ford tune. Hear nothing but great things from those that added-yeah have to run 91 or higher octane to get the benefits but I think it is worth it. The only thing I don't like about normal mode with the 2.7 auto is the first to 2nd shift point isn't great. I am adding 35s this week and will be interesting to see if that changes at all or not.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not necessarily looking for a thrill …throttle response -sure. But the main purpose would be for the steering and handling benefits.
I know Sport mode is supposed to tighten up the steering, but I can't feel a difference.

I have a stick, so the only thing Sport mode actually does is make the throttle annoyingly touchy.

If I had an automatic, I'd want sport mode for the shift points. First thing I do in my Wife's F-150 is put it in Sport mode because Ford programs their autos to constantly chase higher gears in normal mode.

OP
OP
GAN

GAN

Badlands
First Name
Gan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate all the helpful feedback! Once I get it I’ll probably add Sport …if it’s not what I hoped for no big deal -just won’t use it. Thanks again!

MotoVexGT

Badlands
First Name
Ahnamataeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sport'll be better for the power delivery and it's a cheap alternative to the FP tune, so it can make canyon carving more fun. I've added it on my Badsquatch, but end up getting the FP tune eventually.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just ordered my Badlands non-SAS back in March with a 5/26 production date but have a question on the fact that it will not have a Sport Mode. Im out in Moab now and did the Off-Roadeo Friday -which was fabulous by the way. In the National Parks there are many paved, winding mountain roads …what’s the best mode to be in for this type of driving? My other car is a small SUV and dropping that into Sport would stick those with no issue. We used Baja mode during Off-Roadeo which was awesome, but with the hard shifts at 4500-5000 rpm that’s not really what I’m looking for. Thoughts?
you dont need sport for off road
i have it only use it when hot dogging on road ,,rare to use anyway

Monstertorch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Honda, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a pedal commander and the ford performance tune. That is my sport mode. Also wondering if it's worth forscaning sport mode if I already have those mods if it would make a difference. Can anybody chime in on that?
Pedal Commander and sport mode can be “dangerous “ depending upon your Pedal Commander settings. I did pedal commander first, then later unlocked sport mode, and had to tune down the commanders effects… commander does a great job for solving the throttle lag in other modes, but it will make sport mode very snappy. Not a bad thing if you know it’s happening cause it’s all about throttle control, but if my wife (who doesn’t normally drive the bronco) gets in, she doesn’t like it, and finds it overly sensitive. She’s comfortable driving her Camaro SS/RS, so it’s not a power thing, it’s just that the throttle becomes like an on off switch.

that said, I tuned down my commander to where in normal mode it reacts like a traditional throttle cable, and that makes sport mode lively but not unbearable. Cant speak to the FP tune, but I suspect what others have said, if you’ve got the FP tune, you shouldn’t need the TC+ Sport mode. Nice thing is, you can bypass the TC anytime, so if you do try it, you can see what it’s doing simple by turning it on and off. I suspect you’d get more bang for the buck with FP and Sport mode, than FP + TC… but that’s just a guess. Only way to know is to try… since you have TC & FP already, you just need the cable, and time to add Sport mode… might be worth experimenting with. If you do, let us know what you find out 👍

hope that helps!

Last edited:

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Saturday my tech used his Forscan and gave my Badlands Sport mode, is it normal for this mode to automatically move it to 4-high, mine does? That being said the Forescan is a little finiky maybe or at least to me. We tried to program to 37's but threw the ABS light on so had to back it down to 36.5 for tire size and now my speedo is 2-3 mph faster than my GPS which is odd?

I posted this in another thread but since we are talking about Forescan figured I'd hi-jack for a second, sorry

I also have a pedal commander...holy crap instant spool from the throttle response. Had to turn it down 4 notches from where my GMC was I had it in. Anyone thinking of that or something similar DO IT!

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know Sport mode is supposed to tighten up the steering, but I can't feel a difference.
Drive a curvy mountain road and you will notice it. Way better when you have hairpin and tight corners. It absolutely modifies the steering in Sport mode.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For anyone hesitant about adding GOAT modes via ForScan...

I added Rock Crawl to my Wildtrak only because it was out there. I may never have an opportunity to really use it. (I'm headed up to NH to the Off-Roadeo this weekend, so I'll probably get to use it up there.)

I have since had my truck into the dealer for service on the Computer. I believe that those problems happened trying to disable Auto-Start-Stop (which I've since gotten the harness to correct). Anyway, they did wipe most of the BCM module settings I'd put in, but left the Rock Crawl enabled. Changing a few minor settings will not affect your Warrantee and if your dealer suggests that's the case, they are BS-ing you. You CAN muck up a lot of things in there, but look at how many people have made adjustments and are simply enjoying the benefits.

That being said, I HIGHLY recommend adding Sport mode. It literally 'wakes up' the engine and will make a difference in how it feels to drive. Just pay careful attention to the instructions people have posted and make ONE change at a time. Make sure that you back up the module before making any changes, so that you can restore it if necessary.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Saturday my tech used his Forscan and gave my Badlands Sport mode, is it normal for this mode to automatically move it to 4-high, mine does? That being said the Forescan is a little finiky maybe or at least to me. We tried to program to 37's but threw the ABS light on so had to back it down to 36.5 for tire size and now my speedo is 2-3 mph faster than my GPS which is odd?

I posted this in another thread but since we are talking about Forescan figured I'd hi-jack for a second, sorry

I also have a pedal commander...holy crap instant spool from the throttle response. Had to turn it down 4 notches from where my GMC was I had it in. Anyone thinking of that or something similar DO IT!
Sport mode should default to 4A, not 4HI. You can manually select 2hi in sport mode, but it will always default to 4A when you 1st turn it on. As far as tire size recalibration, there is some limit in the system above which the other modules find the tire size data in the BCM to be "implaussible". Mine sets a p0422 in the PCM, but no warning lights so I just live w/it. The math for calibrating the speedo doesn't work out the way it should on paper...I started at what my tire mathematically works out to revs/mile as measured w/a tire tape, and mine read 5-6 mph fast. I added 1-2 revs/mile at a time and took it on the highway, set cruise at 75, and watched GPS till my speedo was "dead nuts", so it takes a little tweaking if you really want it accurate!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the FP tune, and have not done the "sport mode" mod on my Badlands. My normal is crisp, and drives well. The response is good. Not sure what the Sport Mode would do. I have a module to change it, just never have.

As I have said before, the go fast is in the garage. The spiriting driving I get from the FP is good enough for the Bronco.

OP
OP
GAN

GAN

Badlands
First Name
Gan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive a curvy mountain road and you will notice it. Way better when you have hairpin and tight corners. It absolutely modifies the steering in Sport mode.
Exactly what I was looking for. On mountain switchbacks at 40 mph you want all the control possible

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sport mode should default to 4A, not 4HI. You can manually select 2hi in sport mode, but it will always default to 4A when you 1st turn it on. As far as tire size recalibration, there is some limit in the system above which the other modules find the tire size data in the BCM to be "implaussible". Mine sets a p0422 in the PCM, but no warning lights so I just live w/it. The math for calibrating the speedo doesn't work out the way it should on paper...I started at what my tire mathematically works out to revs/mile as measured w/a tire tape, and mine read 5-6 mph fast. I added 1-2 revs/mile at a time and took it on the highway, set cruise at 75, and watched GPS till my speedo was "dead nuts", so it takes a little tweaking if you really want it accurate!
Thanks! I would have imagined it reading slower than the GPS but it was actually more accurate with the stock set up than it is with jacking with it.

You are right, I looked again and it defaults to 4A not 4H, just thought it it was weird that it would even do that, glad to know that is normal.
Sponsored