Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Where did they say that? I don' think "they" ever mentioned a "spacer". 10mm stops to limit up-travel have been repeated by reps, and so have stiffer springs to provide more lift. I've never heard from any of them that they are using spacers anywhere. No way they put in a spacer lift.
sorry - my bad on terminology - they said limit 10mm uptravel - which I guess we decided was a 10mm bump stop thingy on on the shock shaft

NOT a spacer like on a leveling kit
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear flares on the overland have that crease in where it lines up with the bumper like the Squatch flares have, and I think one rep said they are Squatch flares.
I stand corrected. Appears that the overland BL (which is a mix of everything and then some) was a standard Badlands with the Badlands suspension and at the TN event the Ford rep stated ā€œThe Sasquatch will sit higherā€. Further to that point he went on to say that they measured the bottom of the frame rails on a Sasquatch and and the bottom of the frame rails on this Overland Concept and the difference was around 4 inches. The Ford rep further confirmed this was not a full Sasquatch as the 35ā€s will rub on this set up on full turn lock.

So who frickin knows at this point...again Ford not communicating very well to their handlers or the public.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a lot of misinformation here. Ford engineers have clearly stated (and there's many threads here covering it) that the ONLY difference in the suspension is 10mm up travel limiters on the Sasquatch package so the 35s don't rub. The BL trim therefore has the most travel by only 10mm and an identical ride height and spring rate. The badlands and first edition are also the only trims with the sway bar disconnect. So to answer you question, no. You've got them all.
If this is true, why is there a $2500 up charge for BL with Squatch?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's no true; Sasquatch has a little bit more lift. Those slightly taller springs and shocks, forged beadlock capable wheels, and 35s wouldn't add up to the $2500 difference you wouldn't think....but is the easiest path to running 35s out of the box and people will pay it, rather than go through the hassle of selling the Badlands 33 takeoffs to cut it down to $1500 or so, and stil lhaving to figure out how to get a little more clearance to run them.

OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It would be nice if one of the Ford trolls on here cou
It's no true; Sasquatch has a little bit more lift. Those slightly taller springs and shocks, forged beadlock capable wheels, and 35s wouldn't add up to the $2500 difference you wouldn't think....but is the easiest path to running 35s out of the box and people will pay it, rather than go through the hassle of selling the Badlands 33 takeoffs to cut it down to $1500 or so, and stil lhaving to figure out how to get a little more clearance to run them.
Have you priced Beadlock wheels and 35" MT tires versus 33" AT tires? $2500 difference isn't far off.

Sponsored

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm seeing the comments here that the SAS would have stiffer springs and toller shocks on the Wildtrak. So, could I assume the springs are softer on the BL therefore a softer suspension? Which I would prefer the softer setup if this is the case.
(Softer, Longer Articulating Suspension)
I have no factual evidence of this, but as a potential BL buyer, I have been looking for as much information as possible on this combination (BL SQUATCH vs NOT SQUTCHED) to shed light on this mystery.
Sooooooo.... IMO this is the reason the Bronco towing capability is lower compared to the Ranger. It will squat the vehicle to drastically. Ever see a Raptor towing a heavy trailer(Rhetorical). This is specifically why there are limited accessories offered on the BL with 2.7, Squatched or not. It is putting to much load on an already softer, longer articulating suspension.

It has been mentioned in several other threads that a 10mm bump stop was put in place with the Squatch to prevent the larger tires, 315 vs 285 from rubbing at full load.

Fords lack of clarification to address this confusion has been extremely frustrating. To date there is no indication they will add any clarification.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would be nice if one of the Ford trolls on here cou

Have you priced Beadlock wheels and 35" MT tires versus 33" AT tires? $2500 difference isn't far off.
*Beadlock Capable wheels

remember you still need to pony up $800 to make them beadlock

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Considering it is $995 just for the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels, and another $695 for the 33" LT285/70R17 Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires, it is not much of a stretch to get to $2500 for wider beadlock capable wheels, bigger tires, 4.7 gears, 10mm bump stops and wider flares.

OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
*Beadlock Capable wheels

remember you still need to pony up $800 to make them beadlock
If it takes $800 to make them true beadlock then they are not worth it. I had not seen that the bead lock rings would be that much. If this is the case then I believe I will go without the Squatch Package on my Badlands.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have no factual evidence of this, but as a potential BL buyer, I have been looking for as much information as possible on this combination (BL SQUATCH vs NOT SQUTCHED) to shed light on this mystery.
Sooooooo.... IMO this is the reason the Bronco towing capability is lower compared to the Ranger. It will squat the vehicle to drastically. Ever see a Raptor towing a heavy trailer(Rhetorical). This is specifically why there are limited accessories offered on the BL with 2.7, Squatched or not. It is putting to much load on an already softer, longer articulating suspension.

It has been mentioned in several other threads that a 10mm bump stop was put in place with the Squatch to prevent the larger tires, 315 vs 285 from rubbing at full load.

Fords lack of clarification to address this confusion has been extremely frustrating. To date there is no indication they will add any clarification.
Wonder how many BL owners will start stripping the steel plating, bumpers and rock guards off and swap to aluminum in the long run?

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it takes $800 to make them true beadlock then they are not worth it. I had not seen that the bead lock rings would be that much. If this is the case then I believe I will go without the Squatch Package on my Badlands.
Also remember with true beadlock wheels most Tire places will not change your tires for you. Discount tire I know for a fact doesnā€™t touch beadlock wheels

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also remember with true beadlock wheels most Tire places will not change your tires for you. Discount tire I know for a fact doesnā€™t touch beadlock wheels
They are not a True beadlock wheel correct? Beadlock Capable with beauty ring?

OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They are not a True beadlock wheel correct? Beadlock Capable with beauty ring?
Correct, you have to remove the beauty ring pop the tire off of the bead and replace the beauty ring with a bead lock ring. I do not see any reason why any tire shop would not touch a DOT rated bead lock wheel and tire. Non-DOT rated sure.

Broncosx2

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thank you, that does make sense and helps me understand the suspension much better.
Sponsored