lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Resurrecting this thread. Nearly a month closer to having to place an order, has anyone received anything definitive about the differences between the Badland's suspension and the Sasquatch? Searching this site and others it seems about half think it is the same and half think it is different. This seems like a pretty fundamental thing and Ford must have already locked this down?
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Resurrecting this thread. Nearly a month closer to having to place an order, has anyone received anything definitive about the differences between the Badland's suspension and the Sasquatch? Searching this site and others it seems about half think it is the same and half think it is different. This seems like a pretty fundamental thing and Ford must have already locked this down?
Ford doesn't want you to know that Sasquatch suspension travel is less than a Jeep Rubicon. I suggest insisting on specs from your dealer at order time.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For the record - I can never get a straight answer out of Jeep on so Inga and lift difference between Rubicon and the rest too. Measuring tapes are our friends.

We know:
Maybe 10mm suspension lift difference.
10mm less up travel.
1/2” wider wheel.
Same Bilstein shocks.
About 1 more inch of tire lift.

We think more offset on the Badlands wheels vs the Sasquatch by as much as an inch.

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It is one thing to get an idea of height but before I order I would like to know what parts are different. Maybe the lift is as simple as stiffer springs, increased pre-load, or thicker top mount, with all other things being sized to work across all models. Or maybe there are different part numbers for brake lines, wiring, axles, drivelines, etc. I assume Ford made things work across all models but it would be nice to know before dropping 50k. Also, if things are sized to work across all models that means that the sasquatch setup is going to be on one side of the design space, potentially increasing the number of parts required for a aftermarket lift beyond that.

Last edited:

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They also haven’t priced out a manual Badlands with Sasquatch... which is late availability for the 2door..
but as far as I was gathering - the Sasquatch package had the bilstein upgraded shocks/suspension as well. Which is something I’d be interested in and intrigued me about the package as well - not just the lift/bigger wheels/tires.
I’m definitely one of the people waiting on this answer.

Also I thought you only lock one bolt on each tire? So I don’t know if that’s 800$

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also I thought you only lock one bolt on each tire? So I don’t know if that’s 800$
I believe you are conflating two different things. The Wheel Lock kit is $90. The Ford Performance Beadlock Kit is ~$800.

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They also haven’t priced out a manual Badlands with Sasquatch... which is late availability for the 2door..
but as far as I was gathering - the Sasquatch package had the bilstein upgraded shocks/suspension as well. Which is something I’d be interested in and intrigued me about the package as well - not just the lift/bigger wheels/tires.
I’m definitely one of the people waiting on this answer.

This might be old but it states that the BL, WT, FE come standard with the same dampers as the Sasquatch.

Ford Bronco Badlands Standard versus Squatch Suspension 1606590112389

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have searched and read through several long threads and I have not found a definitI’ve answer to my question. I originally planned on getting a Bandlands with the Sasquatch Package to get the 4.7 gears for 35x11.50R17 tires in the future. On build and price I see I can get the 4.7 gears without the Sasquatch Package. Besides extended fender flares and a 10mm bump stop extension, are there any other differences in the suspensions between a standard Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands?
There is a 1" lift difference from BL to Sasquatch. Its going from 33" tire to the 35" tire
and the fender flair is more pronounced.

Keep in mind your Sasquatch Differential is 4.70, the regular Badlands is 4.46.

A non-Squatch BL can drive fine with the 33" or 35"

But the Squatch stepping down in tire size will wind out sooner with smaller tires.
I believe the ratio difference will have some minor effect on raised RPM and lower MPG

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This might be old but it states that the BL, WT, FE come standard with the same dampers as the Sasquatch.

Ford Bronco Badlands Standard versus Squatch Suspension 1606590112389
Looks correct to me, well stated!

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a 1" lift difference from BL to Sasquatch. Its going from 33" tire to the 35" tire

But the Squatch stepping down in tire size will wind out sooner with smaller tires.
I believe the ratio difference will have some minor effect on raised RPM and lower MPG
unless you go manual - which in that case you get the differential 4.70 I believe.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
unless you go manual - which in that case you get the differential 4.70 I believe.
The 4.70 gear ratio is a free option on the Badlands non-Squatch with manual or automatic.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It has been pointed out but I wanted to emphasize that the standard diff is 4.7 on the badlands because manual is the standard option.
Sponsored