Sponsored

Baja Designs A-pillar light kit for aux. switches installed! - photos of pattern and light level

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Finally got the kit installed and thought others would like to get an idea of how bright these are and the pattern they can expect. These are the Squadron Pro model in the combo spot/driving version. Install was a breeze with the kit provided by Baja Designs. The only thing I added was I changed out all the standard stainless hardware for anti-theft stainless hardware.
They are very bright and I’m really impressed with the amount of light they put out for such a low current draw. I still need to get the position adjusted. These photos were taken immediately after the install showing with and without the lights. Without photo is with low beams. Ford did a great job with the mounting location and really makes for a clean install.

0D4DFCAF-B38D-4D0B-8F45-478CF0E6B699.jpeg

16EEC6FF-A15B-4FFD-BE93-9143AE018F60.jpeg

0D2BD7CC-F64E-4F85-9944-C28C4EC0BF55.jpeg

FB974EE3-AA8D-4B11-8F63-B8A5F47F5FA8.jpeg

D5212BBA-BDB3-4E92-805A-56309199C863.jpeg

0BE4120A-B62A-4BBA-8161-429117A13974.jpeg
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the anti theft mount become “anti theft”?

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wouldn’t call the stock mount anti-theft in any way. The kit includes all Allen head screws and a standard nut which could be easily removed. I replaced the stock hardware with tamper resistant drilled spanner head screws and an anti-theft nut that utilizes a proprietary nut driver to install and remove. These are the type of screws and nuts I utilized.

7500F29B-6361-4BED-B08B-3078B161C288.jpeg

1AB10041-59C4-46B6-91EB-F8E218CA4F56.jpeg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those look good, BD makes a good kit. I have two concerns that would keep me from doing pillar lights. First, is there any extra noise from the lights there at highway speed? Secondly, does the big glare spot on the hood negatively effect your night vision? My buddy with an FJ cruiser had his white hood wrapped in flat black after adding an overhead light bar because of the glare. This isn’t as much of the hood as overhead would be, but it seems like a long flat hood.

+1 for the security bolts. I purchased some stainless drilled torx head bolts for the bumper kit on my Raptor. The new owner will curse me at some point :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Baja Designs A-pillar light kit for aux. switches installed! - photos of pattern and light level 0A610B35-DD87-4B8A-9CF8-BC7F75C888A5

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those look good, BD makes a good kit. I have two concerns that would keep me from doing pillar lights. First, is there any extra noise from the lights there at highway speed? Secondly, does the big glare spot on the hood negatively effect your night vision? My buddy with an FJ cruiser had his white hood wrapped in flat black after adding an overhead light bar because of the glare. This isn’t as much of the hood as overhead would be, but it seems like a long flat hood.

+1 for the security bolts. I purchased some stainless drilled torx head bolts for the bumper kit on my Raptor. The new owner will curse me at some point :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Baja Designs A-pillar light kit for aux. switches installed! - photos of pattern and light level 0A610B35-DD87-4B8A-9CF8-BC7F75C888A5
No wind noise. And yes you'll get some glare if you use the driving/combo light. Otherwise if you go with the spots and you aim them down the road, you should be fine with minimal impact (although there might be a tiny bit of light glare on the hood, but not as much as the driving/combo or wide cornering pattern).

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the XL80 ordered. Can't wait to get them and install.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haven’t noticed any extra wind noise myself.
I think once I get the position adjusted properly there will be less glare off the hood, and the exposure of the photo from my iPhone I believe is exaggerating the glare in the photo. I have considered getting some matte black vinyl for the raised section on the hood, and wouldn’t be hard to add some elsewhere on the hood if glare is a problem.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I put mine on the other day. Normal driving I have zero wind noise. But the other night coming home the wind was really blowing and I was driving directly into it, they made this "Whistle" sound that resonated into the cab, it was horrible. I had to pull over and turn them a couple different ways to minimize the noise. Next time it's really windy, I'm going to mess with them and see if I can figure out what it causing it.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No wind noise. And yes you'll get some glare if you use the driving/combo light. Otherwise if you go with the spots and you aim them down the road, you should be fine with minimal impact (although there might be a tiny bit of light glare on the hood, but not as much as the driving/combo or wide cornering pattern).
What spot do you recommend using the OEM aux switches?
Could recommend bumper amber fog lights using the OEM aux switch?
Which switch would you recommend these be one?
Could you recommend quick disconnects in case I wanted to easily/quickly change aux switch?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could you recommend quick disconnects in case I wanted to easily/quickly change aux switch?
That's entirely up to you, as to which switch you want to use. It also depends on what light you go with as they all pull different amps.

I don't think you need quick disconnects, i mean if you want to spend the money and do it more power to ya. On my Raptor (because my Bronco has no upfitters saddly) I used quick connect plugs but i've never swapped any lights out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used auxiliary switch 3. It allowed for the lowest current rating switch that still met the minimum requirement.

I’m not a fan of quick disconnects in an off road vehicle that is subjected to rough terrain and high levels of vibration. Others may have different opinions but I tend to go bomb-proof and overkill on everything DIY that I do.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t call the stock mount anti-theft in any way. The kit includes all Allen head screws and a standard nut which could be easily removed. I replaced the stock hardware with tamper resistant drilled spanner head screws and an anti-theft nut that utilizes a proprietary nut driver to install and remove. These are the type of screws and nuts I utilized.

I wonder if visegrips wold work on them? , I need to lock on my rear lights and ditch lights too. Already did my license plate now need to do all lights, wish the lights would come with locks, for the price one would think they would.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if visegrips wold work on them? , I need to lock on my rear lights and ditch lights too. Already did my license plate now need to do all lights, wish the lights would come with locks, for the price one would think they would.
Possibly, but the head is fairly rounded to help decrease the chance of that working. With the right tools anything is possible, but it’s designed to thwart the average thief who most likely doesn’t carry more than basic tools. It would def slow someone down if they did have vise grips. I was actually thinking of rounding them over even more because I had the same thought, but haven’t done it yet and I’m not sure it’s necessary. Getting a uniform bevel all the way around the head would also be tricky without a lathe.
Sponsored