First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Platinum SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t want to do a full tune. I just want what these products promote. However, I’m starting to go into analysis paralysis. I’m leaning towards the Banks, but any input is welcomed. Thanks
Sponsored

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t want to do a full tune. I just want what these products promote. However, I’m starting to go into analysis paralysis. I’m leaning towards the Banks, but any input is welcomed. Thanks
I’d say the banks pedal monster. It’s what I got for my wife’s bronco. I have the pedal commander in my bronco. When I talked to banks, they sold me on theirs. Made in USA. Plugs into gas pedal and obd2 port. Reason for port is bc the current draw is so low, they said sometimes it may not detect power through pedal, so the obd2 port solves that. And I believe them bc I swear sometimes I don’t feel the pedal commander in my superduty.

Blakshukvw

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 explorer, 99 explorer, 04 marauder, 23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What do any of these products do different from just using sport mode? Sport mode feels like pedal inputs have been made faster and transmission shift points are higher.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was in the same boat and went with the Banks because it gets more aggressive at highway speeds. The Pedal Commander doesn't accommodate for vehicle speed, and I didn't want the pedal to be too aggressive in traffic.

I like my Banks, but have to qualify it by saying that I have never used a Pedal Commander so I can't compare them directly.

OP
OP
dumpsterfire22

dumpsterfire22

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do any of these products do different from just using sport mode? Sport mode feels like pedal inputs have been made faster and transmission shift points are higher.
No sport mode with the Badlands

Sponsored

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got Sprint Booster. Small controller and easy to hook up. I bought it in hopes of eliminating Turbo lag at stop/start, but it didn't. However, it does make it more fun to drive with quick acceleration on the pedal. I've got it set to GREEN - 5. After you get a feel feathering the throttle, you'll love the response, especially after Turbo spools and boost (essentially after that dip in throttle response we call Turbo Lag).

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford tune and any of the pedal adjusters actually compliment each other. The lag is reduced with the combination with my '22 Badlands. More fun on and off road.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Ford tune and any of the pedal adjusters actually compliment each other. The lag is reduced with the combination with my '22 Badlands. More fun on and off road.
Still on the fence with Performance Tune. Probably will revisit after audio upgrade and Intercooler. I'm thinking that lag is something I'm just going to have to live with.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i have the performance tune. I had the pedal commander, but returned it. As you know of the commanders just modify the input signal to be faster. Nothing more, nothing less. They won’t eliminate any kind of lag, just make the throttle body open quicker. I found for me…it wasn’t that big of a deal, and I actually preferred GOAT sport mode (no pedal commander) a little more by itself. The commander was too much finesse, in city or sport mode. I have a lead foot, and didn’t like it shooting up to 3500 rpm in sport/city mode with pedal commander only for you to get to 45 and then hit the next red light. Then repeat. Of course you can lower the sensitivity, but then I thought what’s the point if you lower the sensitivity so you don’t have to feather the pedal, isn’t that kinda the point? So it was just not a great return for me, and I returned.

Then I got the performance tune and was like oh, this is legit. A noticeable difference in actual performance, it just feels like there is more pump there. The torque curve is lower (longer on the graph) relative to stock 2.7, so it has that punch, and actual improvements in performance. I did not however have the pedal commander and tune on at the same times, I had returned PC by that point. people love the commanders though, and I thought it was fun and I am not hating on them, just wasn’t the biggest deal to me. But that’s my two cents, your mileage may vary.

Sponsored

Blakshukvw

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 explorer, 99 explorer, 04 marauder, 23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most of these products are placebo's and snake oil.
That’s been my experience. I know some cars see benefits from these items but in a vehicle that already does essentially the same thing with stock programming I don’t see the point.

OP
OP
dumpsterfire22

dumpsterfire22

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought the Banks, installed, drove for 30min, uninstalled and returned. Back to the drawing board.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
dumpsterfire22

dumpsterfire22

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure exactly. I guess after reading about it and others reviews, I was expecting to be wowed by the difference and if anything it was just meh. I’ve never messed around with forscan but might try and add sport mode with that.
Sponsored