First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my wife has on several occasions said that our Bronco sometimes feels sluggish on acceleration. I couldn’t agree more so I purchased a Pedal Commander to improve the pedal response input. This isn’t the first time installing one of these on my vehicles, I also had one on my 2018 Ford Raptor. Now the question I always get is “is this a tuner & does it make it faster”? The answer to both of these is No. It simply just removes the resistance in the system that causes delay. I can honestly say this thing is definitely worth every penny.
Sponsored

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the Sport mode on the GOAT dial basically accomplish the same thing (as far as faster pedal response)?

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Id say so. Theres a very clear difference between sport and normal.
Agreed. Sport mode is a vast difference over normal in terms of acceleration and responsiveness. I know Sport mode also changes shift points, which the pedal commander would not do, so my thought is that if you are satisfied with Sport mode there is no need for the pedal commander.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wildtrak84

Wildtrak84

Wildtrak
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does the Sport mode on the GOAT dial basically accomplish the same thing (as far as faster pedal response)?
It does but not enough to make a difference. What you’ll feel more in sport mode is the transmission holding the shifts longer & it automatically shifts you into 4auto. With this there is no need to mess with the GOAT mode just start the car & go. Although in sport mode with the pedal commander, WoW what a difference. Definitely feels like a different car.

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could also just move your seat forward so you can push the gas pedal a bit further down...

😝

Edit: to be fair, it does work better than a quadro tracker, but just barely.

Last edited:

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet if you linked a whole bunch of them together, you wouldn't even need to press the accelerator. It would just be at wot all the time. ZERO EFFORT DRIVING!! Imagine how fast it would feel.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What manner of sorcery is this!? Lol
I'd take Sport mode any day if the week, personally. This device won't decrease turbo lag! Or remap shift behaviour in the transmission 🤷

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Newbie question here, just got my Bronco last week and trying to absorb a lot of info In a short period of time as I didn’t really plan ahead for the Bronco.

Searched a lot for threads for PC info but not finding answers to my questions.

Does Pedal Commander replace the “Normal”, “Eco”, and “Sport” GOAT modes or work in conjunction with them? Is GOAT normal with PC Sport different performance than GOAT sport with PC Sport

I see the posts about GOAT changing shift points in Sport and Sport in PC wont do that. What if you are using GOAT Sport mode AND PC ”Sport”? Do you get the different shift points as well as reduced throttle lag?

Is the performance continuum something like GOAT normal < GOAT normal+PC Sport < GOAT sport+PC normal < GOAT sport+PC sport?

Hope this makes sense…

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Newbie question here, just got my Bronco last week and trying to absorb a lot of info In a short period of time as I didn’t really plan ahead for the Bronco.

Searched a lot for threads for PC info but not finding answers to my questions.

Does Pedal Commander replace the “Normal”, “Eco”, and “Sport” GOAT modes or work in conjunction with them? Is GOAT normal with PC Sport different performance than GOAT sport with PC Sport

I see the posts about GOAT changing shift points in Sport and Sport in PC wont do that. What if you are using GOAT Sport mode AND PC ”Sport”? Do you get the different shift points as well as reduced throttle lag?

Is the performance continuum something like GOAT normal < GOAT normal+PC Sport < GOAT sport+PC normal < GOAT sport+PC sport?

Hope this makes sense…
all this device does is adjust the pedal sensitivity and position tricking the Bronco into thinking you’re giving it more pressure on the pedal. It’s snake oil IMO, push the pedal harder = go faster.

the actual GOAT modes change this as well, but also have the luxury of adjusting transmission tuning and some small ECU adjustments.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly if you're going to spend money on something spend it on a tune. All that these do are amplify/modify your throttle signal. Perhaps you'd like that but i was never a fan. Id rather just push the throttle harder/faster myself.

Personal opinion of course... build quality is fine with these... just feel like they are a waste of money.
Sponsored