JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh no. That sprint boost post linked several times in this thread is gone.
Anyone have the details on the product?
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

kbobber

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not yet! I have been told it is very sensitive....Gonna try it out though today on the highway for kicks!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh no. That sprint boost post linked several times in this thread is gone.
Anyone have the details on the product?
I wonder too why its gone
I went searching for it so I can read the manual for this product. I have it installed. It works great. But now I wanna learn how to do the security features

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the 2.7. It is the first turbo Iā€™ve owned. I am used to a V8 and V6 supercharged.

The 2.7 is plenty strong, etc..no complaints. My only concern is the turbo lag in situations where I need to hurry up and get out of the way.

Iā€™m having to always second guess whether or not to, ā€œmake that moveā€ to go around someone for fear of the turbo lag making such a move a, ā€œclose call .ā€

As a result, my driving strategy has changed in heavy interstate traffic. I donā€™t have the confidence to switch lanes, etc.. Also I have less confidence to pull out from a dead stop into traffic.

I suppose itā€™s something you have to adjust to with this engine. Sport mode may make it better, problem is, I donā€™t think it is practical to stay in sport mode all the time.

Any advice from experienced ecoboost/turbo people? I realize driving a V8, etc.. are options, however, other than the turbo lag, I love the engine. I plan to drive my Bronco for a long time (unless Ford ever produces a V8 Bronco-not holding my breath).
I too am used to supercharged V8s and NA V8s. I have always found that small motors shit themselves if you mash it. I find that they get out if their own way better at half throttle. In my experience they will literally get up quicker with the gas pedal down 1/2 to 2/3 then floored. These get up well for having half a motor but they are still castrated.

Sponsored

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interestingly enough the exhaust video I just watched for the Bronco had the entire suspension lift up rather than compress as soon as the vehicle started rolling. I found it intriguing.
That is a function of the 4-link rear suspension and the angle of the control arms relative to horizontal when torque is applied to the rear axle. The forces are trying to drive the axle under the truck.

For the OP, in the lower rpms it takes a bit longer for the turbos to spin up and start making boost, but once they do, there is good torque. You'll get used to the power delivery and know how to nudge the turbos to make boost. if you poke the gas, the transmission downshifts and while there is more power, the turbos have to spin up more to feed the higher rpm. so, leaning into the throttle a bit so the turbos spool up and then just a bit more throttle to increase boost/torque can help. the other option is to manually downshift in anticipation of pulling out to pass (higher rpm = higher exhaust flow) so the turbos are closer to making boost when you lay into the throttle.

What it is not, that people always blame, is lag from the electronic throttle. if you run a mechanical vacuum/boost gauge, you'd see that the response on the vacuum gauge is immediate in relation to the gas pedal movement.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's all TCU and throttle lag. It's hard to tell when the trans shifts but I guarantee you're tooling around in 6th-8th gear even at 40mph. When you gun it you deal with the timing of the throttle first and then the trans has to realize you want action, shift 3-4 gears and you're finally off. Those tiny turbos have no lag and it's obvious in sport because it holds gears longer and reduces pedal input.

Like others have said, feathering in is actually quicker than pinning the throttle because things happen more sequentially than all at once.

And of course, if you're in 1-3 then the torque limiting is in effect too, effectively reducing boost and power.

I have found that starting in second at a light is much quicker than 1st.
Sponsored