First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Only turbo lag I can complain about is Fords intentional neutering boost in lower gears. Once your rolling I have no complaints, but she’s a slow bitch down low.
Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must be doing it all wrong. I try to beat my current best of 17.3 mpg in economy mode when I'm driving mine 🤷‍♂️😆

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should have bought a 2.3L w/ manual, is all I can say :p

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont know if its just wishful thinking or what, but I feel like if I feather it just a tiny bit before I romp on it, it wakes it up much quicker than just pinning it down does. I love driving my 2Dr. I think it hauls ass in traffic, on the Interstate, etc and I can pass anyone very quickly.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you're cutting it so close that turbo lag makes the difference between a crash and not, you're probably cutting it too close.

That or just learn how to drive a turbo. Practice situational awareness and building boost before you need it.

If you think the Bronco is bad, you should try driving a 6.0 with an aftermarket turbo and a hot tune. Better get in to the boost a full zip code before you need it 🤣

Been daily driving turbos for years and NEVER had an issue because of lag. And I'm a more aggressive driver than most.

I've been rather impressed with the responsiveness of the 2.7 in the Bronco. There is some torque management built in compared to the F150, pretty noticeable if you've driven both, but I really have no complaints. It's a 4x4 suv not a sports car

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's mainly the electronic throttle lag that your noticing, not actual turbo lag. People like sport mode because it increasesthe pedal sensitivity.

You can try addinga throttle boosterif you don't want to keep it in sport mode.

-First world problems
Ehh, there is a lag, There are times when im driving around and give it some gas i'll hear the BOV then i press the gas again and there is a lag where nothing happens then i see the boost then it takes off

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ehh, there is a lag, There are times when im driving around and give it some gas i'll hear the BOV then i press the gas again and there is a lag where nothing happens then i see the boost then it takes off
Your example proves nothing. The longer the throttle takes to open, the longer it takes to see the boost go up. So if your throttle is delayed, your boost will be delayed regardless of actual turbo lag. You can still feel this delay in vehicle response even when the turbo is spooled up.

There is obvious some turbo lag in ecoboost engines, but Ford's throttle delay exacerbates it, making the lag much more apparent to the driver.

This video should help explain it.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You need more Sport in your life OP.

Ford Bronco Turbo Lag 1643860394062

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I run my ranger in sport mode all the time and it helps with the lag.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can't go wrong with either the 50 state legal calibration from Whipple which we run on our Bronco or the JB4 device which we tested on another first edition yesterday. Both will improve throttle response and provide a considerable increase in HP/TQ over the factory calibration.

Here's a link to the Whipple testing we did and a great review by a customer of ours who runs the JB4 unit. The video we did on the JB4 yesterday will be released in the next few days. I'll make sure to reply with it in here once it's done being edited and live on our YT channel.

If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rmance-review-on-bronco-2-door-wt-2-7l.33733/

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the 2.7. It is the first turbo I’ve owned. I am used to a V8 and V6 supercharged.

The 2.7 is plenty strong, etc..no complaints. My only concern is the turbo lag in situations where I need to hurry up and get out of the way.

I’m having to always second guess whether or not to, “make that move” to go around someone for fear of the turbo lag making such a move a, “close call .”

As a result, my driving strategy has changed in heavy interstate traffic. I don’t have the confidence to switch lanes, etc.. Also I have less confidence to pull out from a dead stop into traffic.

I suppose it’s something you have to adjust to with this engine. Sport mode may make it better, problem is, I don’t think it is practical to stay in sport mode all the time.

Any advice from experienced ecoboost/turbo people? I realize driving a V8, etc.. are options, however, other than the turbo lag, I love the engine. I plan to drive my Bronco for a long time (unless Ford ever produces a V8 Bronco-not holding my breath).
We picked up over a half a second on our 2.7L First Edition with the Whipple calibration. Stock was mid 7 second 0-60 and tuned was 6.99. That's a pretty good improvement for a vehicle of this sizer and weight from just a tune.

We also tested the JB4 unit on a friends 2.7L first edition and with Map 3 93 octane we also picked up over half of a second on 0-60 times. Stock was mid 7 seconds while in Map 3 we were able to get down to 6.97 0-60. That's also after running the truck multiple times stock, Map 1, Map 2 and Map 3 with no cool down.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about either of these products and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you find yourself worrying about ”turbo lag” and feeling unsafe in a vehicle that makes 300HP/400TQ I question what you daily drive and how you do that..

kbobber

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We picked up over a half a second on our 2.7L First Edition with the Whipple calibration. Stock was mid 7 second 0-60 and tuned was 6.99. That's a pretty good improvement for a vehicle of this sizer and weight from just a tune.

We also tested the JB4 unit on a friends 2.7L first edition and with Map 3 93 octane we also picked up over half of a second on 0-60 times. Stock was mid 7 seconds while in Map 3 we were able to get down to 6.97 0-60. That's also after running the truck multiple times stock, Map 1, Map 2 and Map 3 with no cool down.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about either of these products and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks!
I just added the Pedal Commander to my 2.7L Badlands! This will take care of your throttle response and add some serious pop to throttle response! https://pedalcommander.com/products...co-2021-2-3l-2-7l?_pos=2&_sid=44a37f325&_ss=r
Sponsored