Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, it’s pretty dumb to imply that Broncos are for people who like “hot babes” and Bronco Sports are for people who like wine coolers. Not sure how I’m the intolerant one for pointing that out.
I would say the “dumb” comment kinda of points to being intolerant. And it was the maverick not the bronco sport. The original comment was intended to be humor something that is sadly lost on most people today because they are looking for reason to be enraged or victims. Enjoy your night.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Numbers really won’t justify either…. They’re both literally 2 completely different horsies that drive differently and serve 2 completely different purposes.

gpetersttu

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 STX 4x4 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heavy metal is terrible and I swing the other way. But I got a Bronco. Sorry to ruin your dumb club!
It was supposed to be a simple joke. Please, I beg you, do not take my posts seriously! I am on here to have fun and be sarcastic, not to post serious or meaningful statements. I was making a Ron Swanson-like play on the masculinity of a Bronco when compared to the clear non-masculinity of the Maverick. I fully recognize that people of all walks of life drive all kinds of different vehicles. Again, it was a joke.

I will say though, Ford does not need a 3rd pickup truck if it offers nothing unique. It doesn't make any sense to me to crowd the field like that. One full size and one midsize is plenty. Now if they do a Bronco Truck or something unique, then I would understand it.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've thought about the Maverick, its price is too good to be true, nothing close to it can compete in the price, it will steal longtime Civic, Corolla, Elantra... owners, my build is XLT w Cyber Orange and Co-Pilot360, at $24810 it must be a joke? at that build it's $800 cheaper than a base Corolla LE and just a blind spot package.
Reason I never ordered one is I don't need it, but I recommend all friends to get one if they want a car from A-B, buy it in hybrid, even use if for Uber if you wish, what could go wrong?

Now for some, they are laughing how he can compare Maverick to Bronco!! well, I was looking at a Boxster, 911, and a Bronco, so everything is comparable to someone out there, if I don't like the Bronco or it becomes very expensive to operate, I've seriously thought if buying a Maverick to DD and get a 2-door convertible for the weekend.

Buy what makes sense for you, go with whatever benefits your situation more, and whatever makes the best financial sense.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now for some, they are laughing how he can compare Maverick to Bronco!! well, I was looking at a Boxster, 911, and a Bronco, so everything is comparable to someone out there
The fact that you can cross shop anything you want doesn't mean they are comparable. Just because a steel toed work boot and a flip-flop both go on your feet doesn't make them comparable.

The Maverick is an amazing little truck, especially if you can restrain yourself to base kit. Not shitting on it at all, I think there's a huge market for people who want a bed but don't want to spend 40k. That doesn't mean it has anything at all to do with the Bronco.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like you want a Tacoma
If only they werent built wrong in every single way.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

I say a Maverick can be a fun car. This one is for sale.

Honestly I have been looking at a 4x4 FX4 Maverick. More of a stopgap vehicle to the Bronco though. Buy one rent it on Turo part time, I live on Maui so that is easily $200 a day. Pay it off quick and put a lil aside then I have a trade in and a down payment on a Bronco Raptor. Its a theory. That of figure out how to pay for any bronco I can get with a manual, no carpet, and the strongest axles available for as cheap as possible.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got my Base Bronco a couple of months ago for $30,555. I thought it was a great "Price Hack", meaning it was priced less than it should be. Now the Base Maverick is just about to come out and I am stunned by how much lower it its than it should be. Would I buy a Maverick instead of a Bronco if I had to do it over again? I will go over the different use cases for each vehicle, configure the Maverick the way I would want it, and then answer the question: Base Bronco... or Base Maverick? NOTE: In this video, I use Ford Build and Price for both vehicles as of Sept 27, 2021.

Thats only a question you can answer, because car buying on this enthusiast site is not about what automobile base model is the best deal, but what Bronco is best for a buyer. Im not going to switch because another car is a $1,000 better deal. I'm going to buy the car that best meets my driving needs, and makes me happy to drive it. If you don't like your Bronco Base after a year, and its the deal you believe it is, trade it in on a Maverick. Or a Ranger. Because you want that car more than the one you have. Keep in mind Ford sells the Base Bronco for people who want a simple, basic 4wd with tiny tires, but especially for people who want to have a bare bones model to modify and upgrade without having to discard expensive OEM parts.

It can be difficult to decide if you have competing needs, or wants. You're young, so over a lifetime, your needs and interests and joys will change, and your cars along with you. So go with what gives you the most joy, until it doesn't! Of course, if fortune is with you, buy both cars, and use each as needed!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I went straight Base 4DR, I think the Base Maverick with 2.0 and tow package would look like a really nice option. I know I'm not going to off-road more than crappy roads and would like to have a truck bed regardless of how small. But I went Base SAS just in case I really start to off-road. Maybe it will wear-off by the time the Mavericks hit the lot and I play the trade in game??? Heck, I may just trade mine in for a non-Sasquatch model. Time will tell!!

I'm sure there will be a leveling kit or small lift option where a little larger tire will fit like there is for the Sport. I haven't been following the Maverick forum, but I'm sure the info is already in there.
I went non-Sas with my Bronco because it was $7300 cheaper and I could get a manual transmission. I am treating my Bronco as a Lego set at this point and will consider upgrades over time.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apples and oranges, no comparison.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's like asking what color you should order. It's a personal choice and depends upon your use. I get the impression for you It's not such about your needs as it is the challenge of negotiating. I've met people that had to buy a new car every 6 months. To each their own.​
Interesting observation. I am totally value oriented, but I do love my Bronco. It is an emotional vehicle. The Maverick is more of an practical vehicle. However, the configurations with the Maverick and the accessories make it really appealing. If the Maverick were made in the US, I would serious consider it.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Numbers really won’t justify either…. They’re both literally 2 completely different horsies that drive differently and serve 2 completely different purposes.
True, but I already interacted with some cross-shoppers that are looking at exactly those two vehicles.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd buy an AWD Maverick if Ford would put a stick shift it in. But since they won't, I guess I'll just have to wait for them to eventually build my Bronco.
That is a really good point. I have a manual Bronco and I love that aspect of it.
Sponsored