Sponsored

Base Sasquatch 2 Door Build - Aftermarket questions, etc.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So....luckily my March 2021 order is still not even scheduled, so here's the evolution of my order and why I've made the changes, and then what I'm looking to add (with some requested help) if I take my order. So, I have only had Jeeps in my life, XJ (4 door), JK (4 door) and now a JL (4 door), love them all but interested in the Bronco. I use as my daily driver, but since I work from home, that is mostly trips back and forth to the beach (200+ days a year) for surfing, kiteboarding, foiling. Trip wise it's off roading/hiking, or offroading/mtn biking, and the occasional surf trip. The rubberized floor and MGV were big for me to begin with, I have a JL with seat covers and Armorlite flooring now.

First Order: '21 Badlands Non-SAS 4 door, Cyber Orange, hard top, manual. Pretty much the equivalent to a Rubicon. No package add-ons, just roof racks.
Second Order: '22 Black Diamond Non-SAS 4 door, Eruption Green, hard top, manual.
Third/current order: '23 Base SAS 2 door, Eruption Green, Aux Switches, Mod Bumper, Roof Racks

Here's what I've kinda figured out over the past almost 2 years:

1. Off-roading: I like hill climbs, forest roads, mountains, and where I live (coastal SC) I run through a lot of mud, sand, etc. Rock climbing I've done and....I'm good, I mostly want to hit trails to hike, mtn bike, camp, etc. I like having a rear locker for some of the mud/ruts and loose dirt/climbs, do I need an electronic disconnecting sway bar? Probably not, I've come to the conclusion that's one more thing that could break, so.......manual disconnecting will work for the 10x a year or so I may need it.

2. MGV/Washout: The MGV I sat in, and......I'm pretty a 6 months no top, 6 months hard top in the JL. The 6 months without, it's the south, it's hot, so.......honestly I'd rather just have nice seat covers (Bartact) than MGV in the little bit of time I sat in MGV. The washout floors I definitely want, but......the cost $ between the base and black diamond with SAS was $5k.....for that in a 2 door I figure I can put in the Goose Gear (as I want to remove the backseats anyways) and either use Armorlite when they come out for the Bronco or just really good mats for the front seats. Less seats/area eliminates the need for the washout as much.

3. Two door: Honestly, I like the JL 4 door looks wise better than the Bronco, and I like the 2 door Bronco better than the JL. I think they nailed it on the proportions of the 2 door Bronco. It's just me and my wife, so.......as long as I can put boards on top, and a mtn bike in the back in a pinch, I'm good.

Questions:
Base model - I need to add rock rails, what's the best out there for a 2 door?
Two door base owners - any regrets on not having MGV/Washout
Anyone with washout floors have you washed them out weekly and how has it worn?
I added the Aux switches and modular bumper to the Base with Armor, is there anything else between the Black Diamond and Base from an armor standpoint missing?

I think that's it.
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not much to say about the huge amount of stuff that you wrote, but...
Two door base owners - any regrets on not having MGV/Washout
I ordered mine with the floor liners and I can just pull those out to clean them when I feel the need. A large percentage of the miles on my Bronco are off road, up in the hills, so I don't exactly try to keep it spotless. I'll remember to vacuum out the interior maybe every third visit to the car wash, which usually happens after every off road trip. So far, I have never wished that I could hose it out.