James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah this is one of the things I'm thinking about. It's not that the truck can't handle it, but how much better it would handle even with 33s.. There are some nice C rated 33 discoverers or even the bridgestones that weigh a lot less.

The base stock tires are 32 lbs each. Adding 50lbs to each tire is no joke.
Large diameter rotating mass is a power-eater. At least the gearing is adjusted for the diameter. A Stock Big Bend or OBX (both with alum wheels and A/T tires are going to be most fun on pavement. Still plenty fun off-road with the rear locker.
Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you happen to watch the broncos on the Rubicon trail or in Moab videos? Those were sticks and autos, Squatch and not, Badlands. Didn't seem at a loss for capability with the 2.3 power in those "heavy" machines.
Oh I’m sure the 2.3 will do fine off-road, but might be lacking quickly accelerating to 75 mph freeway speeds or passing on a 70 mph two lane highway. I’d want over 300 hp to punch from 70-90 passing on a two lane with a nearly 5300lb vehicle.

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s not the tire for Sasquatch. It’s a new MT tire called Goodyear Territory
I would think the weight will be similar. The 37" KO2 tires only weigh 69 pounds. Regardless, even 30 pounds of extra weight at each corner is noteworthy. I'm not a fan of the sasquatch wheels or tires but I'm still ticking that box to get all the mechanical goodies. You can always swap to smaller/lighter tires for road use, which should be a blast with 4.70 gears :cool:
Sponsored