rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Building both in build and price (2.7, 10 speed, soft top, SAS) the BD comes in at $6000 more.
If I remove the $1495 mid package I am still $4500 higher.
BD gives me rock crawl goat mode and vinyl seats, tow hooks and rock rails.
I plan on taking it off road and on the rocks but is rock crawl goat mode and rock rails worth $4500?
I add the rock rails to my base Bronco and they only 550 so is the rock crawl worth 4000 not to me .
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove a 2dr Wildtrack and drove it in both normal and sport modes. Sport mode eliminates the turbo lag when going slow. It also puts the transfer case in 4A.
Yep but how did it feel? Sport in my car is harsh and unpleasant.
I thought the sport default was 2H?

Brnco2.7

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has already been confirmed that the base has remote start using the ford pass app on your phone.
I didn’t know this. Hope it works but the Ford pass app took a long time to load in my phone

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This was my exact dilemma for a long time. Started out as Base/2.7/Sq. Truly the best value for offroading as mechanically it’s a Wildtrak, and has all the capability of Badlands Sq if you don’t mind manually disconnecting your swaybar.

However, I started looking at the MGV and washout floors which are really appealing (first job was doing boat upholstery and vinyl tech has come so far in the past two decades). Then I started to realize the only color I somewhat like is A51, which you can’t get on the base. Plus the extra armor on the black Diamond, coupled with the fact that I was already planning to add rock rails, switches and the mod bumper to my base order. Bit the bullet and paid the premium on my 2D order.

To me, having a better color plus the vinyl and washout makes it worth the premium to me. This is just my thought process and what I valued enough to upgrade.

To your initial question, rock rails and rock crawl are not worth $4500. Rock crawl is worth next to nothing since you can achieve the same thing on base SQ, and the rails are worth $595. Pretty sure you can add them to the base anyway, unless they changed it (plus if you’re really gonna beat on it you’d want to swap to frame mounted rails anyway, OE ones are body mounted).

If those are the only two things you want from the trim upgrade stay with the Basesquatch

I had very similar thinking when I ordered mine. Ultimately decided to forgo the better value of the Base Squatch because I really liked the Black Diamond interior in person. I don't think you could go bad with either... one is just a way better value.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
When the carpet goes south in my base SaS it'll be time to shoot the floor with bedliner and I'm betting the sheetmetal already has the indents for the drain

Sponsored

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD 4D 2.7 ,2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't know if this was covered but two things that keep me from saving money and switching to a base:
  1. No keyless entry, Door handle sensors. This is a luxury that I admittedly overvalue but it would annoy me.
  2. Plastic Steering Wheel. We have one on the escape and its not that bad but it helps to have a leather wrap

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the extras you get with BD over BB makes it worth the extra $2k plus the BB was never mentioned lol. I was in camp BB until I saw and sat in a BD and that made up my mind for me not to mention the extras on the exterior. The BD is an excellent value.
But BB has a chance to get built this year (Ha Ha) whereas the BD modular bumper and skids are limited. Who am I kidding, I got no clue anymore what can or can't be built and when......

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But BB has a chance to get built this year (Ha Ha) whereas the BD modular bumper and skids are limited. Who am I kidding, I got no clue anymore what can or can't be built and when......
Right now the only guarantee is all FEs will be 2021 but I bet even that will be subject to change lol.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Considering you may not be driving this Bronco until MY22, why not go for the promised Mansquatch? Sure you're dropping down to the 2.3 for the MT but you'll have that Creeper Gear which will put that GOAT roping, rock climbing mode AT to shame.

Plus, you'll be able to tune up that 2.3 with all the goodies from the Ford Performance with more on the way as the Bronco matures and the new Ranger shows up finally. We of the 2.3 will not be missing the 2.7 V6. There will be no ragrets with the MT, garrunteed.
Sponsored

Last edited: