First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 antimatter blue obx (sold) 22 badlands mt
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you are ordering a manual transmission... get standard Badlands without the Sasquatch package. It's the only option that makes sense, end of discussion, end of thread. ;)

---

If you are getting an automatic transmission it really comes down to several things...
  • As you mentioned, if want the sway-bar disconnect, obviously you have to get Badlands
    • Note that the sway-bar disconnect is a brand-new system and we do not know how it'll hold up over time. So if you intend to keep your Bronco forever and have no real need for the sway-bar disconnect, may want to skip it. When it does break, the vehicle won't let you go above 20 MPH... it would suck to have a feature you don't use prevent you from going above 20 MPH.
  • If you want a leather interior, your only option is Badlands
  • If you want an equipment package above Mid, your only option is Badlands.
    • Note that if you add a winch, you should skip the Lux package—the adaptive cruise control sensor on the front of the Bronco makes adding a winch complicated. Also note that Ford accessory winch is not compatible with the Lux package and will block a portion of the front camera (if you get the High package).
  • If you are trying to maximize towing and payload, you should go with Black Diamond.
    • Even if you don't go Black Diamond, may also want to consider the 2.3L engine, saves you ~110 lbs of weight for some extra payload.
Also don't forget about Everglades if you can get your hands on one. It is effectively a Black Diamond Sasquatch with a winch, the Mid package, and the 12" screen from the High package.

---

I personally would have 100% without hesitation gotten Black Diamond with the Sasquatch package... except I also wanted the manual transmission. So I got forced into Badlands (more or less).
Could you not get the manual with the BD at some point? Im ordering my 2nd bronco (had to get rid of 4door obx bc wife got pregnant w/ 3rd kid and needed bigger) and im stuck between 2 door manual bd sas or 2 door manual badlands non sas. Mine is purely a fun vehicle and my only real requirement is 2door manual with both lockers.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you not get the manual with the BD at some point? Im ordering my 2nd bronco (had to get rid of 4door obx bc wife got pregnant w/ 3rd kid and needed bigger) and im stuck between 2 door manual bd sas or 2 door manual badlands non sas. Mine is purely a fun vehicle and my only real requirement is 2door manual with both lockers.
You can. It just doesn't make sense.

A 2-door Black Diamond Sasquatch with the manual transmission is more expensive than a 2-door Badlands non-Sasquatch. So you are effectively paying extra money to NOT have the sway-bar disconnect system.

Granted this was 2022 pricing, maybe 2023 will make more sense—but they haven't announced 2023 pricing yet.

drewgolson

Raptor
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 antimatter blue obx (sold) 22 badlands mt
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can. It just doesn't make sense.

A 2-door Black Diamond Sasquatch with the manual transmission is more expensive than a 2-door Badlands non-Sasquatch. So you are effectively paying extra money to NOT have the sway-bar disconnect system.

Granted this was 2022 pricing, maybe 2023 will make more sense—but they haven't announced 2023 pricing yet.
yeah the pricing doesnt make sense and has really gotten out of control. They seem much more expensive than a year or so ago when I ordered my other one.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah the pricing doesnt make sense and has really gotten out of control. They seem much more expensive than a year or so ago when I ordered my other one.
In my opinion... the Sasquatch package prices on the manual transmission is what what Ford wants them to be. Basically... they realized they priced the Sasquatch package too low initially. But because they have to offer price protection for 2021 reservation holders, they can't raise the package price until the reservation system is over.

Once the reservation system is over after 2023 I'm expecting a fairly substantial price jump on the Sasquatch package.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my opinion... the Sasquatch package prices on the manual transmission is what what Ford wants them to be. Basically... they realized they priced the Sasquatch package too low initially. But because they have to offer price protection for 2021 reservation holders, they can't raise the package price until the reservation system is over.

Once the reservation system is over after 2023 I'm expecting a fairly substantial price jump on the Sasquatch package.
They jumped the Sas package on the Base and BD(?) $800(?), MY22.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They jumped the Sas package on the Base and BD(?) $800(?), MY22.
Naw… the Sasquatch package is the same price now as it was back in 2021 for the automatic transmission. Sas pkg wasn’t even available for the manual in 2021.

In 2022 they released the Sasquatch package, but it is $1595 more expensive on manual transmission than the automatic transmission. On Badlands, for example, it costs $2495 for the automatic transmission. Same package costs $4090 on the manual transmission.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What @RagnarKon said is truth. I was a Black Diamond mansquatch guy with mod top until the price discovery was obvious. And once you go Badlands the option packages are available for the manual transmission. I originally liked the Black Diamond interior better plus you could option the mod top. We will see what MY23 brings.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How GOAT modes programmed in Bronco? Do they actually change engine mapping, brake bias, steering feedback, etc. Or, they just enable/disable lockers, staybar disconnect, etc.

In my C7 Corvette, the modes change the engine mapping, brake, etc. So, they can't be replicated manually. In Bronco, can Crawl mode, for example, done manually by engaging the front/rear lockers and 4 low?
BD has no front-locking differential.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Naw… the Sasquatch package is the same price now as it was back in 2021 for the automatic transmission. Sas pkg wasn’t even available for the manual in 2021.

In 2022 they released the Sasquatch package, but it is $1595 more expensive on manual transmission than the automatic transmission. On Badlands, for example, it costs $2495 for the automatic transmission. Same package costs $4090 on the manual transmission.
I ordered a Base 4 door, 2.7, Sas around the time of the MY22 price increase, my build took an increase of about $2k on my price and build sheet.

"In terms of options and packages, the 2022 Bronco features notable price increases in some areas, while others remain unchanged from 2021. The chart above shows some of the more notable items, though it doesn’t reflect every change for 2022. Interestingly, the Sasquatch Package is getting a rather large price bump of $1,595 – but only on certain trim levels, including Base, Black Diamond, and Badlands."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fordau...ets-more-expensive-but-some-options-dont/amp/

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a Base 4 door, 2.7, Sas around the time of the MY22 price increase, my build took an increase of about $2k on my price and build sheet.

"In terms of options and packages, the 2022 Bronco features notable price increases in some areas, while others remain unchanged from 2021. The chart above shows some of the more notable items, though it doesn’t reflect every change for 2022. Interestingly, the Sasquatch Package is getting a rather large price bump of $1,595 – but only on certain trim levels, including Base, Black Diamond, and Badlands."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fordau...ets-more-expensive-but-some-options-dont/amp/
Yup it got $1,595 more expensive on all trims that offer the manual transmission—but it didn't impact automatic transmission pricing.

Like if you go configure a Black Diamond today... if you add the automatic transmission to a non-Sasquatch build, it increases the cost of the vehicle by $1,595. If you add an automatic transmission to a Sasquatch build, the cost of the vehicle doesn't increase.

So in effect, the automatic transmission is "free" if you get the Sasquatch package. In actuality it is not free, they just increased the cost of the Sasquatch package by $1,595 and discounted the Sasquatch package by $1,595 on the automatic transmission to make sure it matches the 2021 pricing.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup it got $1,595 more expensive on all trims that offer the manual transmission—but it didn't impact automatic transmission pricing.

Like if you go configure a Black Diamond today... if you add the automatic transmission to a non-Sasquatch build, it increases the cost of the vehicle by $1,595. If you add an automatic transmission to a Sasquatch build, the cost of the vehicle doesn't increase.

So in effect, the automatic transmission is "free" if you get the Sasquatch package. In actuality it is not free, they just increased the cost of the Sasquatch package by $1,595 and discounted the Sasquatch package by $1,595 on the automatic transmission to make sure it matches the 2021 pricing.
I ordered a 2.7 auto under both price and builds, never a manual, priced jumped $2k. No idea of the pricing for a manual Base, it was never a thought.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a 2.7 auto under both price and builds, never a manual, priced jumped $2k. No idea of the pricing for a manual Base, it was never a thought.
The base price of the vehicles increased by around $2000 (varies slightly depending on the trim). The Sasquatch package price did not increase. None of the package prices increased, only the base price.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base price of the vehicles increased by around $2000 (varies slightly depending on the trim). The Sasquatch package price did not increase. None of the package prices increased, only the base price.
Base price on the four door increased $250. It's all in the link I posted by Ford Authority.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base price on the four door increased $250. It's all in the link I posted by Ford Authority.
Naw... increased more than that.
  • October 2021 price increase: $250
  • March 2022 price increase: $1,250
  • July 2022 price increase: $500
Those were all base price increases. No price increase on any other option or package. In my signature there is a link to a price protection flowchart, has all the details with all of the price increases for all of the trims.
Sponsored