Black Diamond Sas vs. Badlands Sas

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette/Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry, if this topic has been discussed before. In anticipation of placing my order for 2023, my configuration seems to change every other day.

Without any other options for comparison:
4D, BD, Sas, 2.7 ... $50420
4D, BL, Sas, 2.7 .... $54170

Badlands has the staybar disconnect, and the LED lamps, option to add high and Lux package.

Are there any other differences that I am not aware of?

What is the weight difference?

Thanks,
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You get an extra goat mode on the BL.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Different grille. Orange highlights and stitching. Badsquatch sounds cool.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in this exact same spot and went with Badlands solely for 360 cameras and 12 inch screen which are amazing. If you have no use for high package then get Black Diamond. I personally like it's grill, lights and interior the most out of all trims.

OP
OP

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette/Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How GOAT modes programmed in Bronco? Do they actually change engine mapping, brake bias, steering feedback, etc. Or, they just enable/disable lockers, staybar disconnect, etc.

In my C7 Corvette, the modes change the engine mapping, brake, etc. So, they can't be replicated manually. In Bronco, can Crawl mode, for example, done manually by engaging the front/rear lockers and 4 low?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette/Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was in this exact same spot and went with Badlands solely for 360 cameras and 12 inch screen which are amazing. If you have no use for high package then get Black Diamond. I personally like it's grill, lights and interior the most out of all trims.
I agree. I want the cameras and the LEDs, but my concern is weight. I'd like to have the option of adding rooftop tent and winch. Not for overlanding or rock crawling, but for remote beaches.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cameras were the main reason I jumped from BD to BL. I used the cameras extensively and don't regret the cost.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How GOAT modes programmed in Bronco? Do they actually change engine mapping, brake bias, steering feedback, etc. Or, they just enable/disable lockers, staybar disconnect, etc.

In my C7 Corvette, the modes change the engine mapping, brake, etc. So, they can't be replicated manually. In Bronco, can Crawl mode, for example, done manually by engaging the front/rear lockers and 4 low?
Goat modes do more than engage 4L. Like your C7 they change shift points, throttle response, etc. Goat modes will deliver pre-selected 2wd, 4H, 4A and 4L drive modes which can be manually overridden. In addition the goat modes will work in concert with descent control and one pedal drive to manage wheel slip and traction.

I think Baja is the bonus goat mode.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went the black diamond route. The only thing I sometimes question about the decision is the larger screen but couldn't justify the cost difference. I added LED sig lights myself to my BD.

Not extra, different; Baja vs sport mode. You can unlock all of them with Forscan though.

In Bronco, can Crawl mode, for example, done manually by engaging the front/rear lockers and 4 low?
Yes

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Badlands is the heaviest trim with the sway bar disconnect so much do ford won’t let you get a factory roof rack on the badlands because I’d the weight is what we are told.
Having the 360 camera are awesome if uuu get in a tight spot but still a strange view vs getting out and looking. Manual sway bar disconnects can be had for. $300 or so. But you won’t have the shocks that give you as much articulation as a non sas badlands. As stated above if you don’t want the high package items and want 35’s out of the gate black diamond sas all day long.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The $3750 difference. One is more likely to miss what they didn’t get then what they did get.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I want the cameras and the LEDs, but my concern is weight. I'd like to have the option of adding rooftop tent and winch. Not for overlanding or rock crawling, but for remote beaches.
The Overland Bronco was a Badlands with rooftop tent and winch.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sas vs. Badlands Sas Overland-Bronco-hero-1200x628

OP
OP

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette/Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Overland Bronco was a Badlands with rooftop tent and winch.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sas vs. Badlands Sas Overland-Bronco-hero-1200x628
Looks great.
Is this the Ford performance winch? What was the cost buy and install? Thanks!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are ordering a manual transmission... get standard Badlands without the Sasquatch package. It's the only option that makes sense, end of discussion, end of thread. ;)

---

If you are getting an automatic transmission it really comes down to several things...
  • As you mentioned, if want the sway-bar disconnect, obviously you have to get Badlands
    • Note that the sway-bar disconnect is a brand-new system and we do not know how it'll hold up over time. So if you intend to keep your Bronco forever and have no real need for the sway-bar disconnect, may want to skip it. When it does break, the vehicle won't let you go above 20 MPH... it would suck to have a feature you don't use prevent you from going above 20 MPH.
  • If you want a leather interior, your only option is Badlands
  • If you want an equipment package above Mid, your only option is Badlands.
    • Note that if you add a winch, you should skip the Lux package—the adaptive cruise control sensor on the front of the Bronco makes adding a winch complicated. Also note that Ford accessory winch is not compatible with the Lux package and will block a portion of the front camera (if you get the High package).
  • If you are trying to maximize towing and payload, you should go with Black Diamond.
    • Even if you don't go Black Diamond, may also want to consider the 2.3L engine, saves you ~110 lbs of weight for some extra payload.
Also don't forget about Everglades if you can get your hands on one. It is effectively a Black Diamond Sasquatch with a winch, the Mid package, and the 12" screen from the High package.

---

I personally would have 100% without hesitation gotten Black Diamond with the Sasquatch package... except I also wanted the manual transmission. So I got forced into Badlands (more or less).
Sponsored